It All Makes Sense

COREY

If I'm going to be honest, I completely bullshitted through that art show. I had an original project I was almost done with but my mind couldn't seem to get off Vera.

I was put off by her wanting to know more about the silly piece. Of course I knew it wouldn't take long for her to realize what is was, but she was just probably trying to fuck with me.

I carry a garbage bag out the gym and into the other hall to see if there was anything left to clean up. There was Vera not even close to being done.

"On top of being a slow runner, looks like you're a slow cleaner as well."I joke which didn't hit off very well.

Nothing but the sound of crumbling signs, clips, and other junk.

I really didn't mean to be a dick earlier...I'm never the type to have emotional outburst. Something about the way they were talking to each other just ticked me off.

  "You like cats? I love cats. I have two in fact. Molly and Luna." I rambled trying to start a conversation.

Still nothing.

Then it began

"Can you just shut up and finish doing what you have to do? I don't care or wanna hear about your love for cats. I just wanna get out of here AND ITS YOUR FAULT WE'RE HERE SO LAT-"

"I'm Sorry" I say before she finished.

"What?"

"Vera, I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you in trouble. I was just a little frustrated and you giggling and flirting with one of my friends didn't help." I confess.

"Oh" She cleared her throat.

"I guess I owe you one too for hitting you with my bag." Vera continued.

"Hm"

________________

I got home and noticed the distant light from the kitchen. It's just Buffy.

"What are you doing down here so late?" I asked

"I should be asking you the same thing" He replies

"Had to stay back for a little after the show to clean up" I inform him.

"Jesus christ Corey I can smell her on you from a mile away you're gonna have to do better than that" Buffy chuckled.

"Wasn't like that. She was just there cleaning up as well" I deny.

"You've been running into her a lot lately what's up with that?" He pressed.

"Just coincidence I guess...plus she smells good so no complaints." I shrug

"You may not be a lonely alpha for the rest of your life after all Cor...she's your mate and I'm calling it." He concludes

"She's human, were you dropped on your head?"

"So? It's possible..rare but possible." He argues

"Plus that would just explain why you aren't really able to tell." He adds on.

"Well my wolf may have been trying to speak to me but i stopped listening to that irrational son of bitch long ago" I confess.

"You stupid dog." He shakes his head