Monson Chastity

COREY

   If I had known Vera asked so much questions I probably would've never decided to skip. I've done it a few times but usually alone...and it was never detrimental and I was on track with my school work. Not sure what came over me in that moment but whatever it was needed to go.

"You hungry?" I look over Vera who nods

"OH can we go to a diner? I've never been" She asked

"Yeah I actually know a place" I agree. Who at seventeens never been to a diner??.

The diner was in the middle of a lone parking lot. It looked different but maybe that's because I haven't been here in months myself.

"We made it" I announce taking the key out of the ignition

I was caught off guard when she clutched my hand to go inside. It made me nervous for a second. At the big age of 17.

    We walk in and sit down at one of the booths next to the window. She was being fidgety and a little over excited to be here but it was cute.

"It's not as lively as I thought it was going to be" Vera started.

"To be fair it's a only 1pm and most of their customers stop by on road trips." I pick up the menu.

     There were about four other tables filled around us with mostly older people and one family that seemed to be traveling.

  "Hi, I'm Maggie and I'll be your server for today!" A cheery blonde comes up to us.

"Hey!" Vera exclaimed and I just gave a silent wave.

"Are you guys ready to order?" She asked us with one of those writing pads and pen in her hand.

"I am" Vera looks at me waiting for my answer

"Yeah sure" I nod fiddling my fingers.

"I'd like a Bacon Cheeseburger with a side of fries, Vanilla milkshake, and a basket of union rings" She directed to the waitress.

"And for you sir?"

"Let me get a Club sandwich, a slice of pecan pie, and a water..thank you" I add as she writes it down leaving.

"It's pecan not pecan" Vera corrects me as the waitress leaves.

"Nope. I was right it's pecan" I deny

"You couldn't be anymore-never mind, I'll let you make a fool out of yourself." She shrugs.

                         ________________

    We got our food and Vera was wasting no time.

"Slow down princess it's not going anywhere" I chuckle as she stuffs her face with fries.

  "You never know" She says dipping a fry in her milkshake.

"Don't tell me you genuinely enjoy that combo?" I wince

"Yup and you should try it" She pushes it over to me.

"I'll pass" I push it back.

"It's okay we aren't all born with taste." She countered.

"Who knew you thought so poorly of yourself" I joke.

"I didn't say you have bad taste in everything" She giggled going back to her burger. After about ten more minutes we were practically done.

"So your mom seems cool" I start.

"Yeah until you only see her when she comes home to shower"

"Meanwhile I feel like mines is around way too often" I reply

"She's a stay at home?" She asked

"No just a homeschool teacher." I answer.

"I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger but then I spent more time around kids and realized I'd be signing up to deal with a whole room full and immediately changed my mind." Vera tells me.

"Yeah they can be a real handful but eventually it gets easier" I started training them around two years ago and it was rough. Kids really don't give a fuck.

________________

*huge time skip*

I got back home and find my dad, mom, and Wyatt on the couch. Wonder what this about.

"Hello..." I look around at all of them. Wyatt seemed to be like he didn't care to be there, mom looked concerned, and my dad carried a blank expression.

"I'm glad your home" My mom starts.

"Can you guys just cut to the chase?"

"Yeah tell him about how you guys wan-"

"That's enough" My father interjects

"Son, We're aware that you've met your mate.." He began.

"Uh huh.." I follow

"So that would mean you'd have to get ready for Monson" My Mom continued.

"You guys wanna send me to some stupid posh wolf academy?." They literally just got Wyatt out of there.

"Honey think about, they have a great program and you'd learn so much that you wouldn't here and you'll never be more prepared to step up as Alpha" My mom starts

"There is no "thinking about" it. Alice, You coddle that boy too much. He's going whether he wants to or not." My father states.

Don't you love when your life choices are being decided by people other than you?

____________________________________

A/N

how have y'all been?