✮ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 10✮

After a few weeks I surprisingly finished all of Kokushibous training as well as Aites.

Which means I'm ready for the final selection! Which isn't happening soon and even if it was I wouldn't take it until Tanjiro did.

It was late afternoon and I was talking to Yoriichi about my plans for the future quietly in my room. "So I was thinking when I see Douma I'll give him a good punch in the dick, like yes he's a pretty boy BUT! he ate pretty women which cancels out his pretty privileges-" Yoriichi disappears all of a sudden which means Kokushibou is in hearing distance.

Kokushibou soon enough slides open my door, "Are you.. going to take... the final selection?" He questions while peaking in around the corner.

"Not yet but I will" He hums in acceptance before slowly closing the door and heading back to his room to continue certain.. activities.

Yoriichi reappears next to me once Kokushibou is far enough, "So anyways I think Rengoku would work at Mcdonalds if he lived in the modern era-"

3rd Pov

Meanwhile the Kamado household was preparing to sell charcoal for the winter.
Tanjiro and his younger brother, Takeo, were cutting and burning wood, whilst Nezuko took care and played with the younger siblings. The Kamado family wonder when (Y/N) will come back for another visit since they all quite adore her company, even though she mostly concerns herself with Tanjiro and Nezuko.

Due to fanfic reasonings, (Y/N) will often visit the Kamado family during this winter off-screen until it actually matters which is now because I'm running out of ideas sO-

Time Skip

(Y/N) was on her usual check in with the Kamado family, on her way up she ran into Tanjiro who had just set off to sell charcoal in town. "(Y/N)! it's great to see you again!" Tanjiro sends a bright warm smile towards (Y/N) who sends a less bright smile back, "I'm going to sell charcoal in town if you want to come but you probably don't, so-"
"Can I come with you?" (Y/N) cuts in, desperately hoping its not what they think is happening yet also really hoping that the main plotline is starting.
"Yes, of course. That's why I offered" He tilts his head with a closed eye smile.

(Y/N) and Tanjiro walk down the hill together, sharing small talk on the way.
Once reaching town the townsfolk started asking Tanjiro for help while also buying the charcoal from him.

1st Pov

Hearing a door slide open behind us, we both turn around to see a man with a bloodynose being held by an older lady, once the guy sees Tanjiro, he quickly yells out his name
"Tanjiro! Oh man, perfect timing!" the man breaks out of the womens grasp and gets down on one knee in front of Tanjiro, quickly whipping out and presenting a broken plate to Tanjiro.
"I'm being accused of breaking this plate! Help me out, will ya?" the man thrusts the broken plate up to Tanjiros face, "Give it a sniff!"
Tanjiro leans down to get closer before sniffing, Tanjiro stands up straight, "It smells like a cat."
The man quickly turns to the older lady who walked up beside him while Tanjiro was sniffing the plate, "You see?"
"Oh my, so it was a cat?"
The man gives her an angry tearful expression, "I told you it wasn't me!"

'fuck'

"Tanjiro! Could you give me a hand with this luggage?" another, older man asks
Before Tanjiro walks forward to help the man I reach out to gently grab his shoulder, "Tanjiro can I stay the night over?" Tanjiro turns to look at me, "Of course! you're welcome to stay anytime." I flash him a smile, "I need to go back to my house to get something then, I'll be right back."
I ran back home to Kokushibou to inform him I will be gone tonight. Once reaching the home I slam the door open and run to Kokushibous room.
"Kokushibou! are you in there? I need to ask you something"
"What is it?"
He asks from behind me, I whirl around to face him, for some reason he's holding wood and something else.
Ignoring that for now I hurriedly ask "Can I stay the night at a friends tonight? pleasee??"
Kokushibou seems to be a little off put by the idea but in the end agrees seeing how I'm ready to get on my knees and start begging in multiple different ways.
"..I better see you here... by tomorrow"
I smile the best I could at him before saying a quick thank you and rushing out the door once again.

By the time I meet up with Tanjiro in town again it's around late afternoon.

Short Time Skip

It's dark out and we're heading back to Tanjiro's home. "Gosh, it's gotten dark already." Tanjiros says beside me, "I'm glad I managed to sell everything, though." He glances at me with a soft smile.

"Hey, Tanjiro! (Y/N)!"
We turn to look down the side of the hill, an old man named Saburo peaks out from his window below us, "Are you going back up the mountain? It's too dangerous."

"I've got a good nose, so I'll be fine."
Saburo ignores Tanjiros reassurance,
"I'll let you two stay for the night, come on. Get back here."
Tanjiro looks down at him with a concerned look, "but.."
"Don't argue, get over here!"
We walk back down the hill and into Saburos house, "Before the demons.."

Tanjiro and I start eating what was given to us as Saburo walks a little bit further into his house.

"Thanks for treating me" Tanjiro and I say once we're finished with our dinner.
"Hey Saburo," Tanjiro speaks up while taking a sip of his tea. "What are demons like?"

Saburo answers Tanjiros question while pulling out a singular futon for Tanjiro and I to share, since he only had one. "Man-eating demons have always roamed the lands after dark."

Saburo sets down the futon and makes sure it is set up correctly, "That's why you shouldn't stroll around at night. If you're done eating, sleep. You can set off at dawn."

Tanjiro and I awkwardly get into bed together, since we have never done this before. We stare straight up at the ceiling, blushing quite a bit.

"Couldnt these demons enter people's homes?" Tanjiro asks after a few minutes of us settling in.
"Yes, and they do." Saburo inhales his fucking long cancer stick thing I'm not looking it up on what it's called.

"Then, everyone would end up getting eaten by the demons."

"That's why the demon hunters protect us by slaying them. As they always have."
Saburo taps his cancer stick thing on an ash tray, putting it out. "I'm cutting the lights. Go to sleep now."
Saburo gets up to turn off the lights.

Tanjiro and I close our eyes to try and sleep.

"Fuck you Aite."

<=============================>

it's 6am im going to bed