✺ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 26✺

"Miss Tamayo!" Tanjiro shouts, walking back into the house, hand in hand with (Y/N).

"Yushiro?" (Y/N) calls out after Tanjiro.

"Over here!" The distant voice of Yushiro responds, further into the house.

Turning to look where the voice came from, a door leading into the basement was left open.
"Not that you need to come at all, Tanjiro.
But if you want to (Y/N), come down here."

"Yushiro!" Tamayos voice was heard from below.

"I was just joking!"

"Hurry down, (Y/N), Tanjiro!"

"Oh, right!" Tanjiro responds, crouching down at the entrance.

(Y/N) pulls Tanjiro up, "Come on, let's go!" And begins descending down the stairs. Kokushibou following slowly but closely behind.

Once at the bottom, they come to meet Tamayo, Yushiro, and a fastly approaching Nezuko waiting for them.
"Nezuko!" Both Tanjiro and (Y/N) synchronize, (Y/N) holding out her arms ready for a hug.

Nezuko jumps into (Y/N)s arms. (Y/N) who is still holding Tanjiros hand, pulls him into the little hug. Yushiro, Kokushibou, and (Y/N)s two ghost companions stare on enviously.

"I moved her to this basement, where the morning sun won't reach her." Tamayo speaks from the end of the hallway, standing by Yushiro.

Upon hearing Tamayos voice, Nezuko gently lets go before swiftly turning around and running towards Tamayo.

Nezuko wraps her arms around Tamayo in a soft hug, Yushiro twitches angrily before letting out an angry yell, "Why, you!" Yushiro reaches for Nezuko, "Step away from Lady Tamayo! That's so rude!"

"Stop it, Yushiro. I don't mind at all." Tamayo speaks up, quite enjoying the hug.

"Yes, ma'am!" Yushiro stiffens, relaxing his face from hir prior angry expression.

"I want one too!" (Y/N) lets go of Tanjiros hand, rushing towards Tamayo as well.

Tamayo softly blushes at all pf the sudden contact and attention, with Yushiro blushing slightly as well at the sight of Tamayo and (Y/N) hugging.

Nezuko reaches over and begins patting Yushiros head, "Cut. That. Out!" Yushiro yells stiffly in reaponse.

"Nezuko has been acting this way since she woke up. Is she alright?" (Y/N) joins Nezuko in petting Yushiros head.

"There's nothing to worry about. She's fine." Tanjiro speaks, finally walking up to the small group.

"She probably thinks you're a member of our family."

Yushiro pushes off Nezukos hand, "Cut it out!"

"Family? But I thought the spell Nezuko is under causes her to see humans as her family. And Yushiro and I are demons."

"Cut it out!"

"But Nezuko has perceived you two as humans. That's why she tried to protect you." Tanjiro informs.

Nezuko stops trying to pet Yushiros head and instead goes back to hugging Tamayo, (Y/N) thinking they deserve their moment, moves onto hugging Yushiro instead. Just to see how he'll react.
Yushiro only looks at her with a light pink face and a slightly 'angry' expression.

"At first, I didn't like the idea of Nezuko being under a spell, but since it looks like she still has a will of her own, i'm glad tha-" Tanjiro stops speaking upon looking up and seeing Tamayos tears rolling down her face.

"I-I'm so sorry! Nezuko! Nezuko! S-Step away from her! It's rude, y'know?" Tanjiro immediately begins to freak out as (Y/N) releases Yushiro from the hug to watch what's going on.

"Thank you..." Tamayo digs her face into Nezukos shoulder, hugging her back. "Nezuko, Thank you."

Yushiro and Tanjiro visibly relax upon Tamayos words.

Nezuko eventually lets go of the hug and goes back to Tanjiro and holds his hand, seeing as (Y/N) is preoccupied with an attention deprived Kokushibou.

"Yushiro and I will leave this region. We've gotten too close to Kibutsuji. We must conceal our whereabouts soon or the risk will be too great. Not to mention, even if I think I've managed to conceal my identity, when I interact with humans as a doctor, people sometimes see through me. The young and the elderly are particularly perceptive." Tamayo softly informs, "Tanjiro, (Y/N)."

"Yes?"

"Would you like us to take Nezuko in?" Yushiro stares at Tamayo in shock, rapidly shaking his head back and forth in a 'no' motion.

"I can't guarantee that she will remain safe, but I believe it will be less dangerous than taking her into battle."

Tanjiro looks down deep in thought, considering his options. Nezuko tightens her grasp gaining Tanjiros attention, understanding the silent answer, Tanjiro turns back to Tamayo.

"Thank you so much for your concern, Miss Tamayo. However.. Nezuko and I will be staying together. We will not be splitting up. Never again."

Holding her hand to her chest, "Very well. In that case, I wish you long lasting good fortune in battle."

Crossing his arms over his chest, Yushiro speaks, "Alright. We'll be leaving after we erase all traces of ourselves. You three get going now! (Y/N) you should come with us."

(Y/N) tears her gaze away from Kokushibou, surprised.
Before giving her answer, Kokushibou finally speaks. "No." He has such a way with words.
"Hey! You don't get to speak for her!" Yushiro responds, getting angry at the remembrance of Kokushibous presence.

"Oh.. Sorry Yushiro but I got more hot people to meet, we'll meet again someday. Don't worry!" (Y/N) answers. 'Unless I die lmao.'

"W-Well then. We wish the both of you well!" Tanjiro bows, "Let's go."

Nezuko immediately rushes off, "Hey! Don't go rushing off like that!" Tanjiro begins rushing off towards Nezuko with Kokushibou following after, dragging (Y/N) with.

"Tanjiro!" Yushiro yells after him, looking away with his arms still tightly folded across his chest, "Your kid sister... isn't a eyesore." Tanjiro stares surprised before giving him a soft smile with a laugh.

Tanjiro disappears up the stairs with Kokushibou pulling (Y/N) up the stairs with him, "And (Y/N)!" Yushiro calls once more.

"You're not.. That much of a idiot." He speaks loudly before mumbling to himself, "At least you're smart enough to keep him from killing you.."

(Y/N) smiles, although still slightly offended, before rushing down and giving Yushiro a quick hug, to Kokushibous dismay.

Rushing back to the stairs where Kokushibou was impatiently waiting, (Y/N) turns around one last time, "Tamayo, Yushiro. Let's have a polyamorous marriage someday!"

Tamayo and Yushiro stare at where (Y/N) once was with a shocked expression, both feeling their faces begin to heat up.

<=============================>

short chapter because i ran out of time<33