10.

Approximately one year, two months, and one day later, it was May tenth of 1972. You were now seventeen and the band was a part of your everyday life. There would barely be any days that you didn't see them, because now they weren't your older brother's friends, they were your friends as well. But the problem was, even after you grew to the size you are now, which is five feet and seven inches, the band still saw you as the same person they met you as. A child. Well, not Roger of course. But you didn't really care about that.

It was a Monday, at three-p.m. and you were going to the headmaster's office. You had received a message from your first period teacher, which was history, to go to Headmaster Abe's office at the end of the day. Which is what you were doing now.

"You wanted me?" You asked, bobbing your head through the brown door of his office.

"Yes, Y/n." Abe confirmed, nodding his head and waving for you to come inside. "Sit down."

"Am I in trouble?" You asked, raising an eyebrow as you nervously took a seat in front of his desk.

"No, not at all." He laughed, because what he had to say was basically the opposite. You let out a sigh of relief. "It has been brought to my attention that you are doing exceedingly well." He exclaimed, which made you give a small smile. You had been doing well in school, and you knew that, but knowing the headmaster knew as well made you happy. "So well that you have more than enough credits to graduate."

"Wait, what?" You asked, jerking your body forward to sit up straight as you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion to what he's saying.

"Y/n, the choice is yours." He told you, letting out a small smile as he was excited to hear what you'd say.

"What choice?" You asked, not wanting to believe he was saying what you knew he was saying before you knew for sure.

"I know you've already gotten into fine Uni's across the continent, that have all contacted me about you starting sooner," He reminded you, and he was right. You got accepted into a lot of Universities already and you knew which one you were going to when you graduated, even though graduation seemed a lot closer than you planned. "And I know you have your eyes on Saint Andrews, and yes, they've contacted me about you starting soon as well." He chuckled, knowing that Saint Andrews was all you cared about. "So, Y/n?"

"Yes?" You asked, raising your eyebrows, practically on the edge of the seat as you waited for what he would say.

"Would you like to graduate?"

You let out a sigh as you leaned back in your chair. You started running your hand through your hair out of stress about this decision.

"You don't have to decide right now."

"Really?" You sighed with relief, glad you didn't have to decide on the spot.

"Of course, not." He laughed, but his face quickly became serious. "But make sure you give me the answer by the first of June."

"Yes, sir, I will, sir."

"Good." He smiled, leaning back in his chair. "Have a good rest of your day." He added as you began getting up from the chair.

"Thank you, do the same." You smiled in return, walking out the door.

You walked down the halls, looking around at the school you thought you had at least another year in, but you didn't know at this point, and that made your head spin. Well, you knew your decision at that point, but it was still making your head spin. You walked outside of the front entrance, and walked over to your mum's car.

"I'm graduating school." You exclaimed once you got in the passengers seat, making it sound like a life changing decision.

"Well, of course, you are." Your mother chuckled. She thought you were talking about what would happen, she didn't think you meant this year. She was referring to the fact that you would graduate school in your life time.

"I mean this next month." You said, letting her know what you meant. "Headmaster Abe said that I had more than enough credits, and that Universities had already contacted him about me starting earlier and he said that Saint Andrews had as well. He offered me the chance to graduate next month and to give him the answer by June first, and I'm going to accept the offer." You explained, stating what had happened very clearly.

Your mother took a deep breath, and pulled out of the parking lot, still not having said anything. It seemed as if she was taking in this information, which she was.

"Okay." She nodded, slightly smiling out of proudness of you. "I'm proud of you." She smiled more, turning her head to look at you.

"Thanks, mum." You smiled back, turning your head to look at her as well.

*time skip*

The next day, you knew exactly what you were doing. You had just arrived at school, and you were heading straight to Headmaster Abe's office to tell him your decision. Your blood was pumping and your heart was racing as you walked down those halls.

"Headmaster?" You asked, knocking on his door.

"Come in, come in." He told you, waving his hand for you to come inside. "Hello, Y/n. What can I-"

"I would like to graduate next month." You exclaimed, cutting right to the chase.

"You've decided already?"

You knew what you wanted ever since he told you the news, but you just didn't want to say it on the spot like that. The reason you were choosing to graduate early instead of finishing out the year like a normal student was because you wanted something new. You liked challenge and you liked change. So, you were taking this opportunity as a time for challenge and change.

"Yes."

"And you're sure?"

"Yes."

"You won't change your mind?"

"Yes."

"Okay. I'll arrange for you to graduate with the senior class next month."

"Thank you."

"I'll find out about Saint Andrews as well."

"Once again, thank you."

You smiled at him once more before beginning to walk out of his office.

"And Y/n?" He asked, making you pause your walk and turn around to face him. "I'm very proud of you." He added, raising his eyebrows to show his sincereness.

"Thank you, sir." You smiled even harder before walking out of his office.

A/n: Guys I'm really sorry this chapter is so short and so unnecessary but I wanted this to be about displaying her academics, and how smart Y/n really is. And I know it has no band, or more importantly; no Brian.

That I sincerely apologize for.