26.

*time skip*

A while later, on Christmas Eve, you were in your new apartment. Yes, your apartment. Everyone in your life knew about how you weren't going back to school, and at first your mother seemed upset, but when she realized you were better off this way, she supported you. 

It's not like you lived alone. Your librarian pay couldn't afford a place on your own, so you had your roommate, Audrey. Your flat was small, but it worked. You were basically living off your own, and you loved that.

But the location sucked.

It was right next to Brian's.

"Why are you up so early?" Audrey questioned, groaning as you turned on the lights in your room.

"I'm opening the library today." You informed her, buttoning up your white blouse.

"It opens at at six-thirty?" She asked, pulling a pillow over her head.

"It's eleven-forty, Audrey." You chuckled, finding it funny that Audrey thought it was way earlier than it was.

"Oh." She sighed, muffling through her pillow.

"Oh, and some friends are coming over later."

"Who?"

"My brother and his friends."

"Oh, right."

"Yeah, so you might not want to be here."

"Why? That blonde one's cute."

"Ew."

"What? He is."

"He's just...no."

"He's just...yes."

"Whatever, Audrey. I'm out."

"Turn off the lights before you go!"

"Okay!"

So, you did, and shut the door. When you exited your flat, you turned to see Brian, exiting his.

Fucking kill me.

He had a thick book in his hand, and overall just looked like Brian. Smart, but hot at the same time. It wasn't fair, in all honesty.

"Hi." He said, awkwardly.

You stared at each other, in utter silence. You had nothing to say to him. Plus, your stomach felt nauseous anytime you came in contact with him.

So, you just turned around, saying nothing, and attempting to walk away.

"So, it's really just going to be like this?" He asked, not wanting you to just walk away.

"I don't even know what you're talking about." You told him, turning back around to face him.

You knew exactly what Brian was talking about. He wanted to know if it'd really just be like this from then on. You two, just not talking.

"If it is, why?"

"Brian, who are you talking to?" Martine asked, peaking her head through the door of Brian's flat.

Fucking shoot me in the head.

You froze when you saw her, because you knew she spent the night. Brian and her were having sex that night, and you hated that. You couldn't wait until the day you got over Brian.

"Oh, hello, Y/n." Martine greeted you, giving you a judgmental look, up and down.

You just ignored her.