24.

"I don't give a shit." You exclaimed, telling Roger that you didn't care about what he was saying.

"But I'm deadly serious, he-" Roger tried explaining his point, but you cut him off. If you hadn't interrupted, he would've said "I'm deadly serious, he's actually mad for you but he doesn't know how to say it." referring to Brian. Which is true.

"I don't want to hear it." You told him, raising your voice just a little to show your seriousness as well as your frustration.

"Remember when he kissed you?" Roger asked, trying to make his point, again.

That question really made you shutter. Chills were sent through your body as you remembered that night on the sidewalk. Brian kissed you. That night hurt to think about, and in all honesty you just wished that you could relive it. You wouldn't care about reliving the pain of you and Brian's relationship, if it meant you could relive that kiss.

"No." You lied, after a long pause.

"You're as stubborn as he is." Roger huffed, shaking his head at your lie.

"If I was stubborn, why would I go to his girlfriend's birthday party?" You asked, referring to how you and Roger were currently on your way to Martine's party at Brian's apartment.

"So, you can show up like that." Roger answered, taking a quick glance at your legs.
You were wearing a black dress, that was rather short and you were doing that on purpose. "Plus, I don't even think it's a party."

"What?"

"It's a dinner party."

"That's still a party."

"Not a Queen party."

"Well, is it a big dinner party?"

"You, me, the band, Martine, and two of her friends I think."

"So, she's not a party girl?"

"Not everyone is like us, Y/n."

"Right, right."

"Some people have class. And can admit their feelings."

"Would you shut up?"

"Sorry, sorry."

And then it went silent, the awkward tension brushing over the two of you.

"And while you're at it," You said, breaking the silence between you and Roger. "Wind the windows down because I'm starting to sweat and my hair is starting to frizz."

"It's not that hot," Roger exclaimed, rolling his eyes at your dramatics. "And besides, it's freezing out there."

"I'd rather shiver than sweat through my dress." You told him, beginning to fan your face with your hands.

Since it was December, it was cold outside but Roger's van was getting insufferabley hot due to both of your breaths, and the terrible ventilation.

"You'll manage." Roger told you, refusing to wind down his windows for his own satisfaction.

*time skip*

Ten minutes later, the three of you entered Brian's flat, late, and you were slightly glazed with sweat. It wasn't bad, as it didn't get through any of your clothes. In fact, it was almost like you were sparkling, except it was really just your sweat. The hair on your hair was a little messy and frizzy from the heat, but again, it wasn't too bad.

Except when you and Roger entered, everyone was already sitting at the table, causing them to turn their heads at you and Roger.

Martine and her friends looked at each other, trying not to laugh.