29.

"What flowers should we have for the tables?" Audrey asked you, as you walked by her. She had posters and programs and all sorts of planning papers laid out on the floor along with a variety of pens. There wasn't a table big enough in your apartment to lay everything out on, so she just did it while laying on the floor.

You turned around to see what she was looking at. "Doesn't Will have an opinion?"

"He's an idiot," She exclaimed, shaking her head. "He thinks purple and yellow go together."

"Oh." You laughed, knowing that's such a guy thing to think. "Well-" You said, going to lay down on your stomach next to her. "Those are pretty." You exclaimed, pointing to the picture of an assortment of tulips.

"EXACTLY!" She gushed, clearly glad someone agreed with her. You laughed. "Will thought that they were too much, he's genuinely stupid."

"And you're marrying him." You chuckled, finding the way Audrey talked about her fiancé funny.

"He's a wanker," She shrugged. "but he's my wanker."

"That was the cheesiest shit I've ever heard." You laughed, wanting to roll on your back with how funny you found that.

"Oh my god, shut up." Audrey squawked, laughing at the same time. "Okay, but what about the music?"

"A live band."

"Well, no shit, but who?"

"Well, I hear that Queen's a pretty good band-" You tried getting your friends a gig.

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't want a punk rock wedding, Y/n."

"They're not punk rock." You claimed, trying to justify the band. "They're just...rock."

"No."

"You, hag." You nudged her.

"You, bitch." She nudged you. "Anyway, I want something-"

But then there was a knock on the door.

"You're getting it." Audrey stated, not thinking about getting up for a second.

"Why?" You asked, furrowing your eyebrows.

"I'm pregnant, I'm on bed rest." She shrugged, flipping a page in a wedding magazine catalog.

"You're laying on your stomach."

"And?"

"That's so stupid." You shook your head, getting up to go get the door.

You grunted as you stood up, walking over to get the door. You didn't really know who it would be. Probably Will to see Audrey. You were shocked when you opened the door to see Brian holding one of your coats. It was the red fur coat.

There was a moment of silence. The way the  both of you still paused in awe when you saw each other was crazy. It seemed ridiculous. The same flutter in your hearts, the swirls in your stomach, the rush of blood to your cheeks.

Maybe blood rushed somewhere else too.

"Hi, Brian." You greeted him, smiling.

"Hi, Y/n." He greeted you, smiling.

His smile sent shivers to your spine.

"You uh," He said, pausing for a moment. "You left your coat at my place last night."

You and the band were at Brian's last night, because he had the biggest apartment out of all of you. Not by much, but still. In fact, when Roger knew Brian would be away for a night, he'd borrow Brian's flat for one night stand purposes. You didn't know about it, but neither did anyone else.