21.

Brian Harold May was washing dishes at his flat, whilst his best friend, Roger Meadows Taylor, was sitting on a couch, staring at Brian in silence, just waiting for him to say something.

It was the next day, the sixteenth of August, and it was five-thirty at night. Brian couldn't stop thinking about what happened the night before. He kissed you. Without any warning at all, he kissed you.

"Did I handle it well?" He thought to himself.

"No. I told her to go home as if it was her fault." He thought to himself.

"I'm a fucking idiot." He thought to himself.

But Brian just kept on washing the same plate, scrubbing the sponge in circles, over and over again. His mind was too occupied to worry about the fact that he had been scrubbing the same place for the past three minutes.b

Roger, however, had his chin resting on his fist, watching Brian as he cleaned dishes. Or, more correctly, cleaned a dish. Brian had been quiet ever since Roger came over, and Roger noticed that. And he also knew why.

"So, Brian," Roger said, finally realizing he'd have to be the first one to say anything."

"Hm?" Brian asked, keeping his head and his gaze locked onto the plate he was washing. He sounded and looked like a robot.

"I went out to look for you last night." Roger exclaimed, explaining that when he saw Brian storm after you, he followed him.

This made Brian's eyebrow perk up with fear and worry.

"Did you?" Brian asked, making his voice high to try and seem as if he wasn't worry at all, but the high pitch was so forced, he just sounded even more panicked then he would have if he used his normal voice.

"Well," Roger chuckled, knowing that Brian was on the verge of having a panic attack. "Not really. I really just stepped outside and looked to my right and left."

"Oh..." Brian nodded, scared of what Roger might have seen. "Nice." He added, taking a huge, silent gulp out of anxiety.

"Brian?" Roger asked, slightly smirking whilst he raised an eyebrow. He was surprised that Brian hadn't cracked yet, because he thought that Brian would have been trying to explain himself by now.

"Yes?" Brian asked, making the insides of his eyebrow go up because of his fear of what Roger would say next. His eyes remained on the plate, but he felt Roger's glare on him.

"I saw you eat Deaky's sister's face."

Everything was silent for a moment. Brain's stomach dropped, his face became a field of panic, and his breathing began to intensify.

"What?!" Brian asked, making the "wha" last a long time as he tried to act like he was shocked, and didn't know what Roger was talking about, even though he did.

He so, totally did.

"Don't play coy with me." Roger ordered, seeing right through Brian's bullshit because he witnessed the macking with his own eyes.

"Okay, I can explain-" Brian began, walking towards Roger in urgency to explain himself, leaving the plate behind.

"You have a crush on her." Roger exclaimed, cutting Brian off with an explanation. The reason Roger said that, was because Brian never would've said it, but it was true. That was the correct explanation.

"Pardon?" Brian asked, jerking his head forward with furrowed eyebrows as he asked Roger what he said, and what he meant.

"You heard me." Roger replied, shrugging his shoulders at Brian's clear unease.