18.

Six days later, on July twenty-sixth, a man named Roger Meadows Taylor was turning twenty-three years old. At eight-thirty p.m. on that same day, a woman named Y/n Deacon was driving to a flat that was lived in by a man named Brian May. The reason you were going there, was because Roger's party was being held at Brian's place.

As you were driving down the last block it took you to get to Brian's, you were in a state of slight panic. You hadn't talked to Brian since the morning of July twentieth, and that had almost been the longest that you two had gone without speaking since you met. The reason you were in a state of panic, was because you remembered what almost happened the night of Brian's party, and you didn't know what would've happened in that bedroom if you did kiss. That's what scared you the most.

Soon, you pulled up to Brian's building, parking and making your way up three flights of stairs to get to his individual flat. This would be the first time you actually went inside, but not to his building. You had been to his building, along with the band to pick Brian up, but never inside his flat.

"Who is it?" You heard Brian's voice question, through the door that you had just knocked on.

"It's me." You answered, knowing he'd recognize your voice.

There was a moment of silence, and in that one moment your mind had never come up with so many different scenarios at once. But the silence was quickly broken by the sound of his security chain becoming undone.

"Hi." Brian said, once the door was pulled open to reveal himself. He had a little smile on his face, not showing his teeth. It was honestly better that his mouth was closed, because if he did show his teeth, the smile would be more awkward than it already was.

Seeing him there made your stomach drop and your heart flutter. It felt as if someone knocked the wind out of your lungs, but in a good way.

"Hi." You said, in return as you put the same expression on your face.

Seeing you there made Brian's stomach turn and his breathing stop. He saw you, in your red, pencil skirt along with your zebra-print blouse, looking pretty as well as hot. He felt like he something should've happened that one night, and he didn't like that.

"Come in." He told you, breaking the silence while he opened the door wider and stood to the side, so you could come in.

"So, I'm the first one here?" You asked, noticing that Freddie nor your brother was there yet.

"Yeah." He answered, closing the door behind you once you were all the way inside.

The fact that you and Brian were currently alone in his flat made your adrenaline race. You began looking around from where you were standing, and the apartment was how you pictured it. It was small, but clean and neat. Right next to his television, there was a huge record collection, just full of records that Brian had. You knew he loved music, but that was a lot. However, what crossed your mind most, was how Brian completely gave you the cold shoulder, and now he was acting like the almost-kiss didn't happen.

"Would you like a tour?" He offered, putting his hand on the back of his neck out of worry. You always made him nervous, but he did a good job at hiding it. When you heard Brian ask that, you turned around to give him your answer but he said something before you could even open your mouth. "I mean, there's not much of a place to give you a tour but-"

"I'd love a tour, Brian." You told him, smiling and cutting him off.

With that, he smiled, briefly, out of nervousness on what you would think of his flat. He wanted you to like it, but he didn't understand why.

"Well, this is the sitting room," He began, walking towards you and presenting his living room with his right hand. "And over there is the kitchen." He added, putting his left hand on your shoulder that was farthest to him, turning you at a 180 angle. His touch sent chills to your spine. "It's tiny, but functional." He explained.