𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟩: 𝒜𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝒱𝒾𝑒𝓌

Triggers: 🟣🟡🔘⚫️

Aki had actually woken up before the morning announcement chimed. She groaned, gripping her head in pain. Now, this was a hangover.

When her eyes fully adjusted, she realized her surroundings were unfamiliar. Her bed was on the other side, wasn't it?

She turned around to see a sleeping Nikei beside her. His hair was falling in front of his sleepy face and he was snoring softly. As adorable as he looked, Aki felt a wave of panic ping at her chest. She didn't recall falling asleep here. She didn't recall anything from the previous night, in fact. There was a party...and that's all she could remember.

Aki quickly got up and picked up her overdress, throwing it on. She didn't worry about her hair, she could fix it later. She very carefully walked out the door without disturbing Nikei. The poor boy was out like a light.

She rushed her way back up to her room, but she ran into Shinji along the way.

"Aki? What are you doing up this early?"

She was a little embarrassed to speak, plus she didn't have her notebook.

"O-Oh, right! I'm s-s-sorry! Here, I-I was gonna drop this off by your room..."

He handed her her journal. She grinned tiredly, silently thanking him as she started writing.

"𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓻𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓫𝓾𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓮𝓷. 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓴𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓮... 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓳𝓲?"

"I'm just going on a little jog before Hajime and I go training...I-I'd ask if you w-wanted to join b-but...your headache..." he blushed.

Aki grinned, nodding.

"𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮. 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓼, 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."

She parted ways with him and made it back to her room. She collapsed onto her bed, groaning. Ibuprofen would be great about now. It wasn't even seven AM yet, so she couldn't guarantee Mikado had made coffee yet. Still...it didn't hurt to try.

So, she got up again and dragged herself to the dining hall. She was surprised to see the wizard already setting up for breakfast.

"Ah, Miss Ezume~! Aren't you up rather early?"

She rolled her eyes, writing her response.

"𝓘 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓬𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓮, 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓽."

"Ah, but of course! Sit, sit! I'll get you a cup right away!" he chirped, going to his cart of food trays.

Aki reluctantly sat down as Mikado poured her a mug, leaving sugar and cream for her.

"That was quite the party last night, wasn't it? It looked like you all had the time of your lives! Unforgettable!"

Aki nodded, rubbing her head and sipping her coffee slowly.

"Even you looked like you enjoyed yourself, Miss Ezume! Especially with Mr. Yomiuri."

She lifted her head. Mikado had remembered what happened, despite barely being a part of it?

"𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽?"

"Oh, dear, do you not remember?"

She shook her head, making him giggle.

"The alcohol must've wiped your mind clean! The same must be true for the others who participated in the debauchery, including Mr. Yomiuri. It's like what happened last night between you two never happened to begin with!"