𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10: 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰, 𝓘'𝓶 𝓢𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓭

Triggers: 🔵🟢🟡⚪️

(11)* "Mikado Sannoji! I'm gonna kill you!!"

Mikado turned around in his cushy chair to face the three people who stormed into the ship's private camera room. Two of which looked furious, while the other looked ready to burst into tears. He huffed with some slight annoyance washing over his masked face. He was in the middle of gathering information on a newfound threat when they charged in. Now was not the time for them to be causing such a scene.

"Hm? What seems to be the problem?"

"Don't ask us what's the problem! You already know why we're here! Why did you kill Hajime?!"

The one who yelled seemed to be the angriest of the trio. The other angry one, although their tone was much tamer, was just as upset as they shook their head in dismay.

"This wasn't part of the plan. You didn't tell us about this beforehand! We were promised safety when the plan began. Hajime's death is a serious breach of that promise."

"Is that so...? To think you would come out here at midnight just for that..." Mikado sighed.

"Just for that...?!" The first hissed, their anger rising.

"Are you aware of how risky it is to have three people come to the monitoring room at once when during nighttime? This area is strictly prohibited to all students. Even I'm not allowed to be in here. If a murder were to occur right now, we'd all be punished for breaking the rules. Not only would we be completely spoiled on who the culprit is, but we would be violating the rules themselves. It would be straight-up cheating. Besides, we should be more concerned about an upcoming threat amongst the group." Mikado pouted, exasperated.

"Don't change the subject, Mikado. You'd better give us a reasonable explanation for why you betrayed us." The second one argued quietly.

"And if I can't? What will you do? Kill me?"

The third person softly whimpered, hiding behind the other two as Mikado snickered cheekily.

"Go on, then. I won't even put up a fight. If you would like to, please feel free to kill me. Come on, do it! You wanted to avenge Hajime's death, did you not?"

None of the three answered, leading Mikado to sneer in response.

"But you won't, will you? Because you know that if I die here, the entire plan will be ruined. Besides, you wouldn't be able to leave this island without me anyways, fufu~"

The first grimaced. "Hmph..."

"I was born for this plan. Thus, I am prepared to die for it at any time as well. But you three? You're all shaken up by something as trivial as Mr. Makunouchi being killed. If you are prepared to take life, you must be prepared to forfeit your own. Your priorities are far from where they should be, especially with this newfound threat on our hands."

"N-New threat...? What are you talking about?" The third quivered.

"I was going to wait until I had more information... but I may have discovered a person that is not affiliated with Void who possesses an...intriguing attribute. An attribute similar to us. It nearly blindsided me, I'm lucky to have caught it before it was too late."

"Huh?" The first looked puzzled by this.

"Whatever do you mean?" The second tilted their head.

"You should all know quite well of this attribute. Is it not the entire reason for this plan's existence?" Mikado hummed.

"Y-You don't mean...w-what?! Someone else is...H-How is that possible...?" The third gasped.

"I'm still looking into it. I'm not quite sure how it happened myself."