𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 16: 𝓣𝓸𝓸 𝓢𝓸𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓓𝓸 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼

Triggers: 🔘🟣🟡🔵

Everyone who cared about Kokoro's well-being waited outside her door as Emma tended to her. Yoruko assisted, eventually stepping out to join everyone in the hallway.

"Ah, Yoruko. How's Kokoro?" Sora asked.

"She's taken her medicine. I suppose all we can do now is wait until her fever's down. Emm's just placing a cold towel over her head. She should be out in a moment..."

As if it was on cue, Emma stepped out of Kokoro's room, quickly closing the door behind her.

"I did everything I could for now. Kokoro...I hope she's alright."

"Sorry guys...it's my fault for getting distracted..." Teruya grimaced.

"Why are you blaming yourself!? You haven't done anything wrong!" Yuki exclaimed.

"I...suppose I didn't do anything directly wrong. But I got so immersed in the concert that I..." Teruya trailed off.

"No, it's my fault. If I hadn't performed, no one would've gotten distracted. I shouldn't have sung at all..." Hibiki pouted.

"It's not about whose fault it is. Our main focus should be waiting for Koko to wake up. When she does, we'll get some answers. Until then, we wait." Setsuka insisted.

"How did Kokoro end up like that anyways...?" Iroha wondered.

"You said it was like her body was scorching hot, right? Couldn't it be that she's just sick or something?" Nikei asked Emma.

"Maybe...she was attacked by the Voids..." Kanade whispered.

"What!? You mean somebody there attacked Kokoro...!?"

"Isn't it a possibility? There would have been a perfect opportunity while you were all distracted, dancing..." Kanade continued.

"Hey, Kanade! Who told you to say stuff like that!?" Hibiki yelled angrily.

"Huh? S-Sis?"

"I'm not going to think like that anymore! I'm going to trust everyone! Koro just has a cold, or anemia... or something like that. If I hear you guys doubting each other because of this, you'll have to go through me! I'll be keeping an eye out..." Hibiki growled.

"I-I'm sorry, sis...I won't say stuff like that again! Please don't get angry..." Kanade cowered.

"Wow...H-Hibiki...That was so cool..." Shinji blushed.

"It's like she's a completely different person." Yoruko grinned.

Hibiki's cheeks flushed. "I-It's nothing like that! I just...know how stupid it is to cut yourself off from everyone just because you're scared, that's all..."

"Hate to kill the mood, but the little sis has a point. Even if Kokoro wasn't attacked by a Void, we can't afford to forget that they still pose a threat to us." Nikei argued.

"Nik, for one second, can you just—"

Aki stepped up in front of Nikei with frustration in her eyes, cutting Setsuka off curtly.

"Stop it, Setsuka. They're completely right, and to deny that is ignorant."

"A..." Setsuka was cut off again by Nikei.

"Look, I'm being serious here. Like I said before, not doubting and not caring are two sides of the same coin. Our relationship with the Voids is someone in the middle of trust and suspicion. I'm not accusing here of anything, but we need to tread with at least some caution."

Before another word could be said, Monocrow's nighttime announcement came on.

"It is now ten PM. The gate to the Monocruise will be closed and anyone who sleeps outside of the ship will be punished. Thank you for your hard work today, and I hope you have a peaceful night..."