𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 27: 𝓢𝓪𝓵𝓽 𝓘𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓦𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭

Triggers: 🟣🟡⚫️🟠🔴

With those words, everything went blank in her mind. All functionality was shut off like a switch had been flicked in her brain.

All she could do was wonder...

Was this...actually happening?

Setsuka's killer...she was Setsuka's killer?

It was the most bizarre feeling she'd ever experienced in her life. It took her back to when she'd drunk alcohol for the first time. That same overwhelming feeling of floating between consciousness and sleep. That same feeling of hysterical fantasy...

And yet, although she knew it wasn't real, hearing it said with this much conviction...it almost started to feel like it was.

"The only person who matches all the criteria Kanade mentioned...is you, Aki," Sora repeated sternly.

There it was again. So full of certainty. 

She wanted to react, truly, she did. She wasn't sure how to, granted, but she did want to speak up. However, her vision was glued to the scribbled notes in her notebook. Her eyes were wide and lifeless, with no sort of acknowledgment of what was said. 

"And Iroha...You helped her, didn't you?" Sora added. 

The painter gasped. "No, no, no! Wait! Why is Aki the culprit!?! Why am I an accomplice!? Why this all of a sudden!?"

Syobai was trying so hard to keep his anger and frustration within himself. 

Red? Lil' miserable, heartbroken, pathetic lil' red? A killer? It was one of the most bullshit things he had ever heard. 

But at the same time...He knew it wasn't impossible. He wasn't with Aki for the majority of the day today, and couldn't necessarily vouch for her. 

Instead of recklessly lashing out at the guitarist, he remained tight-lipped and listened to her stupid theory. 

"Then let me explain, step by step. Sora, could you show me the pool gate records once more? Firstly, like Syobai said, Setsuka died at the pool in the morning specifically. Aki called Setsuka to the pool in the morning...So, Setsuka enters at 8:44, and Aki enters at 8:45."

"D-Did Aki even e-enter the pool, like ever!?" Iroha exclaimed anxiously. 

"Shut up, you filthy cohort. You and that disgusting bard use my sister to kill Setsuka, and then blamed the whole murder on me!? Now you're both going to pay."  Kanade growled.

"But...I never..." Iroha whimpered.

Aki was still silent, not looking up until Nikei spoke up.

"So? Then what?"

Hearing Nikei not combat this theory in any way made Aki's panic rush up from the depths of her consciousness. He was already suspicious of her as it was, so he'd easily go along with this bullshit. The first bit of a reaction she displayed was her hand shaking up to cover her mouth as Kanade continued. 

"Then she killed Setsuka on the spot, and left the pool at 9:22 to set up the signpost, and she goes off to gather the tools needed to cut the body."

"So that wasn't Hibiki entering, but Aki leaving?" Yuki asked.

"Yeah, using Setsuka's handbook. Then Setsuka's ID DJ6SX7 would show an out record. She then returns to the pool at 9:54. This time, she has to use her own handbook." Kanade nodded.

"Oh, so nobody was in the pool since 9:54." Yoruko hummed.

"She's going with the same logic as Syobai, but I see that this approach also makes sense." Mikado chirped.