𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 37: 𝓘𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓾𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓦𝓪𝔂

Triggers: ⚫️🟡

After supper had come and gone, people began getting settled into sleep. It was a rather odd set of accommodations they had been given, but everyone tried their best to make the most of it.

Aki passed out earplugs to everyone, albeit a bit begrudged to Yuki. Iroha had curled herself up on a table away from everyone, immediately passing out once receiving her earplugs. The rest of the girls were setting up the room to divide themselves away from the boys, but there weren't enough tables for everyone to sleep on, they were one short.

"Guys, it's fine. I told you I wasn't sleeping anyway." Aki insisted upon realizing this.

"That doesn't mean you won't want to eventually. The boys should let us use one of their tables. It's not fair to leave you out, Aki." Yoruko pouted.

Aki looked over to the boys' side of the room. Shinji and Yuki were sharing one of the large tables, and Nikei had the other one to himself, so they weren't fairing that much better.

"Bro, you're too close! Move over a bit!" Yuki complained.

"I can't help it! You're smaller than Nikei, so you have to sleep next to me..." Shinij frowned.

"I'd say if it was big enough that you and Sora could just bunk, but..." Aki snickered.

Yoruko's face lit up red with embarassment at that thought. Or was it excitement? It could be perceived either way.

"W-What?! N-No, you're ridiculous!"

Sora chuckled, a bit of mischeif laced in her voice. "I wouldn't be opposed. But it is too small."

Aki rolled her eyes playfully, then once again turned around to face the boys' side of the room.

"Hey, Nikei?"

"Hm, yeah, poet?" He looked up from his notepad upon hearing his name.

"If I do feel like sleeping tonight...do you mind if I bunk with you?"

"What!? A-Aki, no! You can't sleep with him! What if he does something to you!?" Yoruko gasped with what seemed like outrage.

"W-Who says I would?!" Nikei stammered, slightly offended.

"Relax! I'm not sleeping tonight, anyway. When I eventually do, he'll probably be geting up for the day. I'm not defenseless, you know. I-If I can bunk with Nikei, I'm confident that nothing will happen." Aki defended.

"Are you sure you're okay with it?" Nikei asked nervously.

"I wouldn't be asking you if I wasn't, newsie." she grinned cheekily.

He sighed, nodding slowly. "Yeah, then, it's fine. I've got plenty of room over here."

"Thank you, newsie. You're the best, as always." Aki hummed.

Yoruko huffed madly. "Alright, boys? If you try to come over, you're all dead to me!"

"Now that violence is allowed, why don't I perform my secret 108-hit combo if they try to come over?" Sora playfully offered.

"Go for it." Yoruko snickered.

"Don't worry. I won't come a millimeter closer... Sleep well." Nikei rolled his eyes.

Some people fell asleep quickly, thanks to the earplugs. Besides Iroha, Yuki and Shinji were also out like lights. It was a bit early to be going to bed for most, but the day had been so overwhelming,  so one of the first coping mechanisms for it was sleep. But not everyone functioned that way, of course. The other four quietly talked amongst themselves, trying their best to keep as quiet as they could.