𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 29: 𝓓𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓴 𝓤𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓐 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

Triggers: 🟡🟠🔵⚪️🟢

After Aki began hearing a rush of footsteps heading towards the boys' hallway, she quickly got up and hid around the corner. She didn't want anyone to see her pathetically crying in front of Nikei's door like some kind of psychopath. So, she meagerly attempted to pull herself together, harshly wiping her eyes with her stained sleeves.

Once the closing of doors stopped and silence swept over the room, Aki stepped out of her hiding place, looking back at Nikei's door again. She walked back over and put her gentle fist to the door, but stopped before it could make a sound. No...she just couldn't do it. After today's shitshow of a trial, and all Nikei had lost from it, she couldn't bring herself to invade his privacy. Plus, it was almost two AM by this point. Everyone, including her, was completely exhausted. Perhaps Nikei could use some sleep.

Aki, on the other hand, needed a drink. But she hesitated, knowing Syobai insisted she spoke to Nikei. Maybe she could lie and say she did? No...he'd see through her like a glass cup. But if she were honest, he'd still say no. Not to mention that she was totally broke now, and had no way to pay him. She looked at her handbook, opening her handbook, and nearly went to her messages tab. But, as if by some unknown force, something stopped her finger from going to the tab. She grimaced to herself.

"...It's late. He's probably asleep...Don't bother him..." She muttered under her breath as she put her handbook away.

Fuck it, she could lie. She needed that drink. Tomorrow was a new day, and today needed to be eradicated from her memory. If Syobai was mad about it, he had every right to be.

(44)* So, she walked to the other end of the hallway and left a quiet knock on the broker's door. Syobai huffed at the sound, putting his current cigarette in the ashtray. He stood up from his stool and mozied his way to the door. He didn't expect to see anyone other than Aki, but yet, when he saw her in the doorway, he couldn't help but scowl.

"Hmph. Of course, it's you...Just get in here."

She was surprised to hear him comply without any rebuttals. She didn't question it though, stepping back into his messy room. It had become quite a familiar atmosphere for her, since she'd been going there almost every night for a week now. It was so familiar that the previously disgusting smell of nicotine didn't bother her anymore.

Aki took a seat down on the stool by the table, seeing he'd already had multiple bottles of alcohol on the table.

"...Quite a selection you've got here."

Syobai simply grumbled, looking at her with frustration. When Aki noticed it, she tilted her head and scoffed.

"Why are you staring at me?"

Syobai silently walked over to her, forcibly pulling her back up onto her feet. And without any warning, he slapped her across the face.

Aki flinched, vocally expressing her shock and pain. She was completely stunned, not being prepared in the slightest for the impact. She was just left putting a hand on her now red cheek and staring back at him with angry, widened eyes.

"The fuck was that for, bastard...?!"

Syobai didn't say anything. Rather, he responded by grabbing her other arm and pulling up her sleeve, revealing her now dried, bleeding cuts. When she realized what his issue was, she lowered her gaze in shame and pouted.

"Oh..."

Syobai took a deep breath, before finally speaking.

"...I'm gonna ask you this one time. I'm not repeating myself. Why the fuck would you do something so goddamn stupid?"