Chapter 8: A Surprise Trip To Italy

"I'm planning to take her to Italy, for a week."

Was he serious? I thought to myself as those words came out of his mouth. "Wow, that's great," Pietro remarked Alejandro's sentiment. "When are you both leaving?" Maria asked with a smile.

"The day after tomorrow." He explained and took a sip of his wine. I gazed at my lap and smiled. I was somehow happy. "So how was your first week together?" Pietro asked.

Alejandro glared at me and I smiled. "It was great," I said cheerfully.

Was he taking me to Italy? Is this one of his jokes? My mind was suddenly filled with questions. We all started to eat again as we all conversed, well I didn't speak much since I didn't want to intervene.

When we were done it was eventually time to go home.

"I wish this night lasted much more longer," Maria complains and Pietro chuckles. "It's okay mother, I'm sure we will visit again," I responded and hugged her. She nuzzled into me and I smiled, I wish I got a chance to hug my mother again.

I broke apart from Maria and bid her goodbye with a smile. "Bye, father," I told Pietro and hugged him. "Goodbye, Camila dear." He said and broke the hug apart. "Arrivederci, Madre," Alejandro said and gave Maria hug, Maria was barely on his shoulders, it was a cute mother and son moment.

"Arrivederci, Padre." He said and Pietro gave him a pat on the back. We eventually sat in the car and it was time to go home. I was so exhausted and all I want to do was slumber in my comfortable pajamas.

The whole car ride was silent as expected, I passed the time just by staring at the window while Alejandro just did work. When we arrived home the driver opened the door for me and I presume Alejandro has something to take care of so without a second thought I walked inside the house.

I walked inside and saw Railey in the kitchen. "Hey!" I said and smiled. "Camila! Good Evening." She let out, "I just made some juice would you like some?" She asked as I nodded and sat at the stool on the kitchen counter.

She gave me a glass and I drank it. It tasted marvelous. "Wow, this tastes great." I applauded. "Thanks, it's freshly squeezed orange juice." She said and smiled at me in return. "Well, I gotta go. Good night!" I said and stood up and left the kitchen and rushed to my room.

When I entered, I placed my purse on my vanity and took off my heels. It was assassinating my foot. I soon went to the bathroom took a short shower before going to bed. After that, I shifted into a big beige oversized hoodie and some shorts. It was prosperous.

I grabbed a book from my bookshelf and went to bed reading. It was fascinating to see the moon sparkling through the massive glass windows, it felt serene. I aspire my life was as peaceful as this.

My life was crazy, it changed like a blur, my life shifted so fast, even now I can't acknowledge that married. Maybe my life is crazy but I won't give up a second that I spent with everyone I met. They were somehow special in my life.

And now that I am married I pledge that I will do anything to make my and Alejandro's bond work.

I closed the book that I was reading and tucked myself under the covers and soon fell into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke the next day to the sound of my alarm. I opened my eyes lazily and saw it was still dark outside. Today I and Alejandro are departing for Italy so I woke up early since I preferred to pack in the morning.

I got up and grabbed my phone and slid on some slippers, I roamed to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair. After that, I took a quick shower. I stepped out of the bathroom with my robe.

I did my skincare and now it was time to pick the outfit of the day. I choose to wear a white sweater crop top and some black jeans and matched them with a fashionable belt and I wore my white air force one.

I grabbed one suitcase and started to stuff my clothes in it. I clutched my laptop and placed it in there with some of my notebooks and books I wanted to journal and of course, I brought my camera.

I haven't been to Italy but I know the language, I do know how to speak Italian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, and french. My dad compelled me to learn it.

After packing I looked at the clock and saw it was five am, I still had time to eat breakfast, before leaving at seven. "Camila!" I hear Railey knock on my door. I quickly hauled my suitcase and opened the door. "Hi, good morning." I greeted her.

"Mr. Huxley told me he's picking you up at seven, so I prepared breakfast." She said and I smiled. "Thank you," I said. "Antonio will be the one in charge of your luggage so you can just leave it there." She said and I looked at her puzzled.

"Who's Antonio?" I asked. "He's Mr. Huxley's the bodyguard/right hand." She said and I nodded. "Let's go." She said and I nodded and with that, we walked downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I finished breakfast I quickly hurried to my room to see if I forgot anything. I sigh escaped from my mouth in relief. I had everything I needed. I walked downstairs with my suitcase and saw Dante and some other guy that looked like he was in his 30's.

"Good Morning." I greeted them happily. "Good morning Camila," Dante replied and walked over to me. "Good Morning Mrs. Huxley, I'll be the one in charge of your luggage." He said and I handed him my luggage.

"Thank you," I said and smiled. "Camila, Mr. Huxley's waiting, shall we?" He said and looked at his watch. We both strolled outside and made our way to the cars.

Three cars were in a straight line. I and Dante made our way to the middle one and he opened the door for me. I thanked him with a smile and he smiled back.

I sat inside and saw Alejandro. He looked at me up and down as usual and went to his laptop. I know he doesn't want to go on a honeymoon just by looking at his face.

I sighed and grabbed a book in the little bag that I was carrying. This bag just had my essentials like my phone, one book, and a camera. I opened the book and started to read.

It was peacefully silent. Now I have a long day ahead of me, 'I wished that I and Alejandro would just get to know each other'. I thought to myself as I stared at the window.

As we passed by the street I bid farewell to New York City.

Italy here we come!