Chapter 35: I Lost Her Again

Alejandro's P.O.V

"Okay, I'll be on my way, Mr. Formers."

I said on the phone and hung up. I sighed and looked back and sighed when Camila wasn't still done yet.

Suddenly, a loud boom surrounded the whole room and I started to smell smoke.

What was happening? Was there a fire?

 I walked over to the ballroom and suddenly I heard screams. There was a fire.

I quickly ran to the halls and shouted for Camila, but the fire was already starting to get bigger.

I tried to open every door but she wasn't there and at that moment I heard her scream.

"HELP!" I heard Camilla's voice and I panicked.

"CAMILA!" I shouted and finally spotted the room she was in.

But it was already surrounded by fire and suddenly someone grabbed me from the back.

"Mr. Huxley! We need to go." Dante and my men said.

"Camila's in here! I can't leave her! Save her!" I shouted in frustration and suddenly my men pulled me out to the exit and I tried to fight back.

"Let me go!" I said with tears.

Dante and my men started to help Camila, and I was brought to the exit.

"How dare you?!" I shouted at my men and punched him.

"Mr. Huxley, we needed to protect you," he said, laying low.

"protect me while my wife is in there and is going to die?!" I said in frustration.

"Mr. Huxley, they're already trying to save your wife right now." My bodyguard said, and I looked at him with a glare.

And suddenly Dante and my men came out of the exit and I looked at them with hope and frustration.

"Mr. Huxley I'm sorry. We did our best, but when we got there, she was already gone, "they whispered, and I felt as if all the air and oxygen were gone from my lungs.

"Alejandro!" I heard a voice from behind.

It was Xavier and Padre.

"Where's Camila?" I heard Xavier's voice crack.

"She's gone..." I said and took my last breath until I blacked out.

"Don't leave me, Camila..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and groaned. My head hurt.

"Alejandro!" I heard someone say, and I looked to my side to see Madre.

"Madre, where's Camila?" I said and abruptly tried to stand up, but she stopped me.

"Dear, you forgot, didn't you?" She said with a sigh.

And I looked at her puzzled. "What do you mean Madre? Where's Camila? I was with her last night. Dante and my men saved her, right? " I said and ran my hands through my hair.

"Se n'è andata figliolo." She said, and I looked at her with disbelief.

(Translation: She's gone, son.)

"No, no, I thought I was dreaming," I said and was so confused.

"Alejandro don't stress out much." She said and I was shocked. Cold tears strolled down my cheeks and Madre embraced me in her arms as I cried.

"Alejandro, my son." I heard a voice say something and turned around to see Padre.

"Padre, chi ha appiccato il fuoco?" I asked with furiousness.

(Translation: who started the fire?)

"We can't focus on that now. You should rest." He said, and I became furious.

"Come ti aspetti che riposi se l'amore della mia vita è morto e non posso incolpare nessuno per la sua morte, e non posso nemmeno renderle giustizia?!" I shouted with anger and stood up and took my coat that was on the chair.

(Translation: how do you expect me to rest when the love of my life died and I can't blame anyone for her death or give a little justice for her?!)

I took my car from the parking lot and drove back to my house furiously.

Camila's gone.

The only person that made me want to smile, breathe and the one who made me so happy every single day is now gone...

It took me so long to get her back, and now she's gone with the flick of a finger...

While my life was tragic, she was the first person to teach me the beauty of life; she never left me, she was my entire world.

Camila, Please don't leave me now, love, not when I most need you, not when I love you more than ever! Please?

Camila is the kind of person that can make me laugh just by looking at her. She is the best person to snuggle with at night, and the first person I see in the morning.

We didn't spend much time together, my love, and right now all I want is to spend one day with you, to dream in your arms once again, to see your lovely smile once more.

With a sigh, I stopped my car in front of my house. I stepped out of the car and went inside.

When I entered the room, Xavier and Diana were in the living room, looking at me worriedly, and approached me.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you, Alejandro," Diana whispered and hugged me and Xavier patted my back.

"You should take a break, Alejandro."He said and I nodded. For the first time in my life, I felt useless...

I pulled away and went upstairs to my room. Suddenly, as I was on my way to my room, I heard screaming from Gretchen's room, I quickly went there and saw the door was open, I peaked inside and saw Carson hugging Gretchen as she sobbed. They were a perfect match.

I walked away with regret. She wouldn't have died if I hadn't left her there.

Everyone is now in sorrow because of me.

I should've gone out of my way to help her. I should've tried to save her.

I groaned and walked over to my coffee table to pour some rum for myself. I sipped while the moon shined through the windows, and I recalled seeing Camila here on the couch, sitting with a book in her hand, every night. She always smiled when she looked at the moon, and she wore this charm on her necklace. Every night, she'd fall asleep in my arms and I'd carry her back to bed.

Camila will never be replaced, I know in my heart. 

But now that she's gone, I'm filled with sorrow for the times we should've spent together.

I squandered those, and I was a fool for treating her so badly.

It was supposed to be me who died, not her...