Chapter 15: Hatred and Lies

"Well, you should get back to studying now."

I said to Gretchen and bid her goodbye. I hung up the phone and placed it on my nightstand.

It's been a week since my Father's death and I feel kind of better, I do still cry at night but not always. Sometimes I would have nightmares, and Railey would come in the room worried.

Sometimes I didn't sleep because of nightmares. I took a 1-month break from work and everyone understood it and I'm happy my friend covered my shift.

"Mrs. Huxley?" I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in," I replied with a smile.

I glanced behind me and saw Kaitlyn with a tray.

"Mrs. Huxley, here is your medicine," she said and I nodded. Yes, I've been taking prescriptions for my nightmares as barbaric as it sounds I believe that my sleep is getting better because of this medication.

"How have you been feeling Mrs. Huxley?" she asked and I gave her and in reply as I indication of 'good'.

"that's all Kaitlyn thank you. I'll come down for breakfast in a minute." I told and she nodded and left my room.

I sighed and went to my coffee table and took the pills. I glanced at the mirror, today I was wearing a white knitted sweater and some leggings. I liked my outside today it was comfortable.

I strolled out of my room and went downstairs, I walked over to the dining room and saw Railey preparing the table.

"Morning," I said to Railey and she smiled at me then gestured me to sit down. I looked at the table and it had two plates, was Alejandro home already? He went on a business trip last week.

"is Alejandro home?" I asked and she nodded. "Mr. Huxley is in his office right now resting, I have to bring him his breakfast and I'm kinda scared." She said nervously, I gave her a reassuring smile and spoke.

"I'll bring it to his room," I say and she squeals in happiness.

"Thank you, Camila." She exclaims happily.

I took the tray and made my way to Alejandro's office, I was nervous but I wanted to take care of Alejandro somehow, he was kind to me.

Well, kinda kind.

When I reached his home office, I knocked on the door three times until I heard a voice, i trembling, shivering spine voice.

"Come in." I hear a voice say that I recognized so much.

I opened the door taking a shaky breath. When I entered the room I faced a desk, the chair was facing the beautiful view of new york as I saw a muscular figure sitting there that I acknowledge.

The chair turns around slowly, and the next second I know I was facing Alejandro.

"Camila, what did I tell you about coming into my office." He asked in a rude, cold, arrogant tone. What was I expecting a good morning?

"I- I wanted to bring you- breakfast." I reasoned and he simply chuckled and looked at me.

"Just put it at the table, and next time don't ever come in here. I don't want to see your face." He said annoyed.

Oh, how rude of you Alejandro? does it hurt to say one thank you?!

I sighed and took a step back and placed his tray of food on the coffee table. I walked towards the exit and suddenly I heard Alejandro speak.

"Camila." His cold, deep, and husky voice echoed through the room sending shivers down my spine. I turned lowly keeping my head down low, I felt his stare on me as I turned around. I looked up and suddenly our eyes met.

"Do you know why I agreed to marry you?" He asked me as I looked at his dark blue ocean eyes that were filled with distance, something about those eyes was frightening yet calming. That question was easy. "Because our parents arranged It," I say plainly as he nods at my correct answer.

it was just arranged... I didn't love him and he didn't love me.

"Your right, but no one said we should love each other or care for each other, when my father dies I will divorce and I will leave you nothing." He says with slight arrogance in his voice. Is he jeopardizing me?

"If you are going to divorce me then why didn't you back out from the start!?" I say as my anger raises. He took a step forward as I still kept eye contact with him.

He grinned. "Because most likely if I don't agree to it my father wouldn't trust me with his company and I'm pretty sure he would remove me from my position so you were my only option." He simply says as if i was just a piece of object to him. So he was using me to maintain his place at his father's company?! I started feeling helpless but I won't let him get past me this easily.

"Marriage is just combining two people in the eye of the law, it doesn't need love it's just like business, it's doesn't mean we have to be with each other always. So don't ever expect me to love or care for you because you were just an option!" He explains his view and suddenly everything made sense. His attitude, his coldness towards me, it all made sense now.

I look away from his dark gaze and looked at the floor. I felt powerless. How could he do that, he has no heart.

He walks closer to me and whispers something in my ear as I froze, his breath hits my neck giving me shivers down my spine.

"Camila don't expect me ever to love a girl like you, who should have never been born or existed in this world. Because you are just a foolish girl who will and always will be a nobody." He tells me as I finally nearly lost it. I wanted to break down crying but I kept my tears silently.

He walked out of the room I felt my body go weak and fell onto the floor onto my knees. I sobbed silently feeling so helpless, I hated him so much. The cold floor touched my skin and I felt myself shiver.

He was right I was just a ludicrous girl who never deserved love. I shouldn't have existed.