Chapter 40: Memories of the Past and the Present|Back At New York City

"Would you like some water, ma'am?"

I heard the flight attendant say, and I quickly shook my head, and she nodded and bowed and left me back to my seat.

We were currently on a plane flying to New York; however, the flight from Italy to New York was quite long.

With a sigh, I stood up from my seat and went to the lounge to see Michael with his nanny. I sat beside him and took him in my arms.

"Why don't you take a break?" I said to the girl and she nodded and left to go somewhere, I played with Micheal for a while, until he fell asleep, I chuckled at his cuteness. He was just like me when sleeping.

I sighed and took him in my arms and hummed a song quietly, a few minutes later, his nanny came with his milk to check on him. She took Micheal from me and proceeded to the bedroom.

I stood up from where I was sitting and took Micheal's toys one by one and placed them in a basket.

Suddenly, as I was turning around, I bumped into the table and spilled the juice, the flight attendant came inside the lounge.

"Ma'am, let me help you with that." She said and quickly took a napkin to wipe the spill. I excused myself and went to the restroom.

As I entered the restroom, I was tense. It was quite tight here.

I washed my hands and looked at my pants all stained. I closed the door and quickly tried to take off the stain with a wet cloth, but it wouldn't come off.

I grumbled, dropped the wet cloth in the bin, and attempted to exit the restroom, but the door handle wouldn't budge. My senses were suddenly intensified. I was petrified!

I attempted to settle myself down immediately, but my breathing became worse and slower. I pounded on the door, but no one answered. My chest felt compressed. Tears streamed down my cheeks, and sweat formed on my forehead.

"HELP!" I yelled as loud as I could, and then someone rushed in.

"Ma'am?!" I overheard one of the flight attendants remark through the door.

"Hel-help!" I can feel all of the oxygen leaving my lungs as I cry.

Suddenly, I heard many people panicking, making me panic even more. Then the door opened, and the first person I saw was Valentino.

I took my last big breath until I fell onto his arms trying to catch my breath, sobbing. I've never experienced such a panic attack.

"I'm sorry ma'am. This shouldn't have happened." The flight attendant said as Valentino carried me and led me inside the room.

He laid me down on the bed and I was still trying to catch my breath.

"Camila, look at me." He said calmly and told me to stare into his eyes.

"Breath in... Breath out..." He said and I followed his lead. After a few breaths, my breathing was back to normal.

"Are you okay?" He said and took the water that was on the nightstand and gave it to me.

I nodded and he embraced me, giving me his warmth.

"It was the worst," I whispered and he patted my back.

"It will be okay," Valentino whispered to me, and I nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing soon." The pilot announced.

I was in my seat quietly waiting while reading a book. It was quite a habit I adapted. I don't know why, but I just don't get dizzy when I read on a plane or in a car, and I consider it a talent.

As I was reading peacefully, Marcelo approached me.

"What do you want?" I said and looked at him up and down. This guy was my worst enemy.

"Boss told me to give this to you." He said and handed me something and I couldn't believe it. It was my phone.

I quickly took it from him and he chuckled and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Not even a thank you?" He asked and I sighed and smiled.

"Thanks." I faked and he nodded and left me.

I opened my phone and sighed in relief that I remembered my password. I went to my contacts and was shocked to see all of my contacts erased. Why would Valentino delete them?

I went to my photos and was relieved to see they were not erased. I scrolled through them and suddenly a picture caught my eye. It was a picture of me and Alejandro. We were in the garden. I remember this memory where we asked each other questions about ourselves.

He knew many things about me and I learned more about him. He was the first guy that I fell in love with, but it broke my heart to know that he was lying to me.

But I'm not surprised the only thing that people do to me is lie to me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing in a few minutes." The pilot said taking me out of my thoughts, and I didn't realize I had tears in my eyes. I quickly closed my phone and placed it inside my bag.

I wiped my tears away and went back to my reading, but all my mind kept thinking about was the past, me and Alejandro...

Maybe I was never good enough for him, maybe it's my fault that he never loved me.

I'm so stupid... So foolish to fall in love...

I don't know what will happen to me now... I felt lost, misplaced, and hopeless.

Camila, stop! Okay, it's over! You have nothing to worry about! Focus on Micheal, your son...

I took a deep breath and cleared my mind. It's okay...

I thought to myself.

After a few minutes, we were landing. I grabbed onto my seat as I felt the jet land on the runway.

When we landed, the pilot announced it and a feeling of relief flew through me.

I unbuckled my seat belt and stood up and went to Micheal I lifted him up and knelt down, I took his coat and put on him, I can explain how adorable he looked!     

I carried him up and we went to the jets exit where I found Valentino waiting, he took my hand    and helped me get down.

when we finally exited the jet we approached the car and Valentino opened the door for me, I sat inside with Micheal in my arms. Micheal was not the kind to cry easily, he was serious like his father.

a smile formed in lips when Micheal giggled.

After a few seconds Valentino stepped inside the car and sat next to me.

the driver started to drive, and i was confused, i had no clue where we were going.

but now I'm just happy I'm back in New York City.