Chapter 30: Husband or Your Friend

Camila's P.O.V

"Wow, this place is just remarkable."

I'm captivated by the most beautiful scenery. I turned back and gave Valentino an embrace. "What is the significance of this?" He chuckled as he said it.

"It's just that I've had a difficult week, thanks for bringing me here," I say, and he nods and places his hand on my waist; I immediately recall Alejandro placing his hand behind my back.

"Come on, Camila, you have to taste this place's cuisine; it's phenomenal." He remarked and leads me inside the little Gazebo, which includes a table and two chairs.

He drew out a chair and motioned for me to have a sit. I sat down, giggling. He sat in the chair across from mine.

"Hello, Mr. Valentino, and lovely woman." I chuckled as the waitress said.

"Can I get you both something?" He says this as he hands us the menu.

"How about you, Camila?" "Hmm, I'll order some steak," Valentino inquired, and I studied the menu, a grin appearing on my face when I saw shrimp pasta on the menu. I recall eating this all the time when I wasn't feeling well or depressed.

"Please give me the shrimp pasta," I request, as the server nods and takes our orders.

Valentino continued and said, "and wine."

"I'm sorry, Valentino, but I don't drink." I reasoned with him, and he was taken aback.

"We'll have water then." I nodded as he said it.

"It's pleasant here," I said and looked around the place.

"I knew you would love it." He says and I sighed and placed my bag beside me.

I took my phone out and suddenly I realized it was powered off, my power died.

I sighed and quickly tried to look for my charger but I couldn't find it.

"Something wrong?" Valentino asked.

"No, it's just that my phone died, and I think I forgot my charger at home," I explained nervously.

"Don't worry, let's charge it later in my car." He said, and I nodded.

We sat there talking about our day and I was impressed. It was quite fun to have a lovely chat with Valentino.

After a few minutes, the food came. It was marvelous. I loved it, although the best pasta I have ever had was in New York.

"How is it?" He asked and took a sip of his drink.

"Delicious," I replied, and suddenly he reached out for my chin, and wiped something.

"You've got something on your lips." He said and wiped it.

He pulled away and I blushed, embarrassed.

Alejandro's P.O.V

"Mr. Huxley, we are so sorry we can't find her location." They said and I groaned.

"Keep checking!" I said in anger and banged my hand on the table in frustration.

I looked at my phone and went through my contacts. I quickly searched for Valentino's name. To my surprise, it still had his number.

I pressed call and stood up and excused myself out of the office.

I waited for a few seconds and someone answered.

OTP:

"Hello, Valentino speaking." A voice said, and I quickly remembered who it was.

"Valentino, where the heck is Camila?!" I shouted into the phone and I heard his mischievous chuckle.

"She's on a date, with me." He said, and my blood started to boil.

"I've told you a million times that she's mine, so back off," I say with anger and frustration.

"I don't give a damn, Come Ho Detto Prendo Quello Que Voglio Mio Caro Fratello."

(Translation: like I said I get what I want, my dear brother.)

"You tell me where you are right now," I say, trying to control my anger.

"Never." He whispered and suddenly hung up. I threw my phone on the floor and suddenly Dante walked over to me.

"Mr. Huxley, we found her location." He says, and I quickly look at him.

"Where?" I asked.

"A restaurant downtown." He said, and I quickly ordered him to get the car ready.

Camila's P.O.V

"So you're telling me you were a nerd at high school?" I laughed so hard at him.

"No I was not, and if I was there's nothing wrong." He replied and I laughed.

We were sitting on the grass. It was beautiful, though it was such a windy day today.

Suddenly, rain droplets started to come out of the sky.

"Camila, come!" Valentino says and grabs my hand. We walk inside the gazebo.

"Well, that was a fail." He sighed and I laughed, I sat in the chair and hugged myself. It was so cold, and the rain was so loud.

Suddenly, Valentino offered me his jacket. "No, you have it, you'll get sick," I said and gave it back to him.

"Come on Camila, I'd rather be sick than you." He reasoned and wrapped the jacket.

"Thanks," I said, and he pulled me into his embrace, giving me his warmth.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I hear a scream, and I see Alejandro running towards me and Valentino with Dante and Carson.

"Take your hands off of her, Valentino!" Alejandro shouted at him and pulled me towards him.

"Alejandro, stop!" I winced since he was squeezing my wrist so tightly.

"She's not your property." He remarked and I looked at both of them with fear in my eyes.

Suddenly, Alejandro punched Valentino. I flinched I quickly tried to stop them both since they were now fighting.

"Guys stop!" I say, but they won't budge.

Suddenly, when Valentino tried to punch Alejandro and I reacted fast and quickly stood in front of him and suddenly I heard a loud smack and everything started to get blurry.

What was happening?