Chapter 25: A Eagles Ego Vs A Broken Heart

"Camila, are you okay?"

Kathrine asked worriedly.

"Kathrine, I told you not to" Before I could end my sentence, Kathrine spoke.

"They were persistent, I'm sorry." She explains and I nod.

"Camila, we meet again." Oh, please stop acting like this is all your plan, I thought to myself as he spoke.

"Yeah, I'm glad to see you again," I said as I stared at him as he checked me out up and down.

Suddenly, as he was about to speak, Kathrine's phone rang. She looked at the caller and gasped. "Oh my god, I forgot about the donations!" She says worriedly.

"Don't worry I'll get them right now Kathrine, why don't you show Mr. Huxley around," I say and suddenly I got cut off again by Alejandro.

"Well, you're the head doctor here, right Camila, I have some concerns. Why don't we talk about it?" He says it plastically, as if!

"You know what, you've done so much Doc. Camila. I'll go get the donations." She said, and I sighed and smiled at her.

I said, "Sure," and sighed.

"Well, what were your concerns?" I began and Katherine walked away.

"I'll give you guys privacy," Lorenzo said, and I nodded and thanked him with a smile.

I looked at Alejandro and he signaled Dante to leave.

"What do you want?" I asked with annoyance as soon as both of us were the only ones inside the room.

"I want you to come back home, Camila. Let's stop playing games." He says it as if he was stating a fact.

"Alejandro, I said I'm never coming back to you. Why do you care anyway? "You don't love me," I remarked and crossed my arms at him.

"I do love you." He says and walks up to me.

"That, Alejandro, is the issue you profess that you do! But, on the other hand, you don't! I'm nothing to you; you practically despise me, and I'm not expecting anything in return." He scoffs at what I say.

"Well, I wasn't the one flirting with someone at the club," I stared at him, surprised by what he said.

"Wow! You have no right to put it here! Alejandro, you cheated on me repeatedly and I didn't say anything since I knew your brother and he was kind, unlike you." I exclaim, my eyes teary, as I gesture at him.

"You didn't call, text, or anything when I went... and now I'm expected to think you love me?" I wasn't surprised when I asked.

"Camila, love look, I'm sorry for everything I've done." He says and tries to hug me, but I push him away.

"Why Alejandro, why say sorry when sorry doesn't do anything? Why say sorry when I'm already broken? Did it ever occur to you that you hurt me too?" I inquired and looked him in the eyes, and he was astounded by my remarks as I was.

I fell to the floor and sobbed. "Love, I'm sorry I'm here now." He reasoned.

"Let go of me, Alejandro," I said, and I stood up and quickly ran out of the room.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone. I opened my eyes and saw it was Valentino.

"Camila, are you crying?" He said and cupped my face.

"Valentino, what are your doing here?" I said and pushed him away.

"I came to find you." He says and I quickly try to walk away, but suddenly he grabs my wrist and I flinch, and suddenly someone grabs my other arm.

Now I was in the middle of Alejandro and Valentino. What a bad combination.

"Don't you dare touch my wife!" Alejandro roared at him with anger.

"You don't own her!" Valentino replied and pulled me towards him.

"Will both of you stop!" I shouted and yanked both my arms away from them and walked away.

Ugh, this is so stressful. Universe, seriously, can you give me just one peaceful day?

I sighed and went straight to my clinic. I just can't do it! I'm sick of these arguments and difficulties; can't they simply go away?

Suddenly I heard a knock.

"Come on in," I said, massaging my temples.

"Camila," I heard Lorenzo's voice and I immediately cut him off.

"Lorenzo, please. I've had enough surprises and problems today," I said and sighed.

"No, it's about the party, I was going to say that you should go home and get some rest. I'll finish everything." He said, and I looked at him and shook my head.

"No, I'll help, I promised the board that I would do this, and I will," I said and got up.

"Just remember to not tire yourself too much, okay?" He said, and I gave him a nod.

We both made our way outside and went to the room.

"Okay, I'll start here," I say, as he hands me the pencil.

I quickly marked the spots that I was going to put posters on and handed him back the pencil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, we were finally done. I sighed and wiped off the sweat I had on my forehead and I quickly walked out of the room and suddenly I was pulled by someone from behind.

And to my surprise, it was Alejandro.

"You look tired. Come on, I'll drive you home." He said as I looked at him with a 'what is wrong with you' look.

"No, thank you," I replied as I walked away from him.

I heard him sigh in defeat and I walked away from him feeling proud of myself.

I became dizzy and my head began to spin. I grasped the front desk with both hands and felt my head.

"Doc, are you all right?" The nurse stated as she approached me.

"Yes, I'm alright," I answer as I begin to walk, but everything begins to blur, my eyelids feel heavy, and my head begins to ache.

Everything turned black all of a sudden...

The last thing I remember is collapsing into someone's arms and hearing others yell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He doesn't love you, Camila. He's a fake." An unfamiliar voice said.

"Believe me, I love you more than anything, my love." Alejandro's voice rang in my ears.

"Camila, come follow me into the darkness." The mysterious voice said.

I was awakened unexpectedly, I glanced around, and realized I wasn't in my apartment; I instantly looked to the side and saw Alejandro asleep on the chair!?

No, oh my lord!