Chapter 38: A Year Filled With Sorrow And Confusion

Camila's P.O.V

"Alejandro, I love you."

I said and kissed him, and then I was pushed back, and I fell to the ground, and Alejandro was taken away from me, and flames encircled me, and I sobbed, shouted, and begged for help, but no one came to save me, and everything went dark.

"Camila!" I opened my eyes in astonishment after hearing someone yell, and I looked at my side saw Marcelo.

"You were having a terrible dream," he says quietly, and I sigh.

"Get away from me," I said quietly, and he sighed.

He exited the room leaving me, with a sigh I looked at the clock and to see it was 6 p.m.

I sighed and looked at the nightstand where a note was placed.

I opened the little note and read what was written in it.

I'm going somewhere, I'll be back when you wake up.

-Valentino

I threw the note in the bin. I've been here for a year, Valentino won't let me out,  the only thing I remember was walking up here, I remembered there was a fire, my first instinct was Valentino kidnapped me but in his dialogue or mind, he is saving me.

Flashback:

Waking up I opened my eyes and suddenly a bright light hits my face, I blocked it a few times adjusting to the brightness, I tried to stand up and but my head was pounding.

"Camila?" a familiar voice said and I looked at my side and saw Valentino.

"Where am I doing here?!" I asked and stood up backing away from him.

"Amore it's okay," he says and tries to take my hand but I back away.

"you kidnapped me, didn't you? Where's Alejandro?!" I asked with a furious and curious tone.

"Amore I didn't kidnap you I saved you from the fire," he said and I recalled that night.

"Why didn't you take me to Alejandro then?" I asked looking him in the eye with pure confusion.

"because he's been lying to you Amore," he explained and I shook my head furiously.

"No! What do you mean?!" I asked him and he took a step forward and grabbed my wrist pulling me closer to him.

"he doesn't love you, he was going to use you again for his company," he says and lets me go and grab something from a drawer.

It was images, he handed them to me, and I stared at him, perplexed. I glanced at the photos, and I couldn't believe my eyes, it was Alejandro kissing a woman.

There were several photographs of him kissing other ladies.

I was stunned when I dropped the photos on the floor and my mind immediately spoke to me.

Valentino might be deceiving you.

"How are you going to show that you're right?" I said this, and he laughed.

"Don't you understand? He's been exploiting you, and he's attempted to reclaim you because he needs you for the company "I felt betrayed, he continued, as tears welled up in my eyes.

Valentino moved in closer and hugged me. I cried the entire night in his arms.

End of flashback...

Until now, I had been unsettled, mystified about who to trust, questions kept coming into my head, I couldn't seek answers, I was furious with Alejandro for deceiving me, for using me, moreover a part of me yearned to see him...

Valentino would constantly get angry and tell me no when I said I wanted to go outside. Nights were constantly filled with me waking up sobbing from a horrific dream.

I was stuck with melancholy and anxiety, panic attacks were frequent, and you might be wondering why I don't go out if I want to since his house is surrounded by bodyguards.

I tried to flee once but was apprehended; that day, I'd never seen Valentino more furious.

He kept telling me he loved me, but I couldn't find even a tenth of it in myself. I was destroyed.

"You should eat something." I heard Marcelo say something, and when I looked at the door, he approached me with a tray of food.

"I don't want to eat." I persuaded him, and he sighed.

"Boss told me you needed to eat, he'll be here soon," he said, and I lost my temper as I looked him in the eyes.

"I TOLD YOU I WASN'T HUNGRY!" I yelled at him, and he stared at me and went out of my room, leaving me hugging my knees. Why has my life always been this way...

"Amore?" I hear a voice say and saw Valentino.

He approached me and hugged me. I wasn't in the mood to see him.

"Valentino?" I whispered and he hummed in response.

"Why are you keeping me here?" I asked and he looked at me and sighed.

"Mi Amore, your not still well." he reasoned and I raised an eyebrow.

"Valentino, please just let me live, let me walk outside, I miss my friends and loved ones" I pleaded, and he clenched his fist and stood up, and terror engulfed my senses.

"I understand, please don't be angry," I plead, and he looks back, his expression softening.

"Camila." He exhaled, and I gazed at him with nothing but dread and despair in my eyes.

"We're going to New York tomorrow," he said, disagreeing, and a smile expanded on my face, and I rose and hugged him.

"Thank you!" I was overjoyed and delighted, I threw my arm around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"Mommy, Daddy?" I turned around to see my handsome baby Micheal.