Chapter 33: A Puzzle Unsolved

"good morning."

I turned my head and saw Alejandro, glancing at me with a smirk on his lips.

"Good morning," I said as I hugged him.

"Are you okay, any pain?" He asked and I chuckled.

"No." I shook my head and nuzzled into him more.

Last night, It was filled with love and desire. Last night was my first.

"Do you want to sleep for the rest of the day?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I still have work." I implied and stood up and went to the restroom.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Yes, I do my stuff here in his house, and I am thankful for that.

I freshened up by brushing my hair and going to the shower. After bathing, I headed to the changing room to choose my clothing for the day. I decided on a white off-shoulder shirt and a blue skirt, which was great because the skirt wasn't too short.

I grabbed some heels, then searched my bag for my lip gloss, applied a little makeup, and left the changing room to find Alejandro dressed and ready to go. He was dressed in his usual suit, which suited him well, and his usual sunglasses. He was talking to someone on the phone while staring at the fascinating view out of the window.

"Ciao." He turned around and hugged me as he hung up the phone.

"Let's have breakfast?" He kissed me after asking.

"Yes," I said, and he put his hand on my waist as we went outside.

It was wonderful to have him with me these days.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Huxley, breakfast is served." The maid said and bowed and counseled both of us outside to the garden.

As always, Alejandro pulled out the chair for me and made me sit down. He sat on the opposite side of my chair and the chef started to bring the food. As always, I had my pancakes and Alejandro had his normal toast and coffee.

Our breakfast was quite quiet, I didn't want to talk since I was still thinking about the whole mysterious letter thing. Who would've thought it was just a prank, but I just can't stop thinking about it.

"Are you all right?" I shivered as I heard a person say something, and I quickly looked up to see Alejandro, who had a troubled expression on his face.

"What's the matter, Camila?" He stated this as he grasped both my hands in his. I sighed and covered my hands with my mouth as I turned away.

I smiled and said, "I'm okay, it's nothing."

I said something, and he got up and walked up to me.

"Alejandro-" I murmur, as he yanks me up by the waist and embraces me.

"I'll wait until you're ready," As he spoke, a smile appeared on my lips.

I backed aside with a nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how was your night?"

I heard someone from behind asked. I quickly looked back and saw Katherine snickering.

"What?" I was dumbfounded and washed my hands.

"I saw you last night, with Mr. Huxley. You got lucky there, Cam. " She said, and I laughed, blushing.

"See you like him!" She says and hugs me.

"No-we was just-" I tried to explain but she cut me off.

"Oh come on, Cam, stop denying and tell me everything." She said and yanked me out of the restroom, I'm never going to get tired of my life here in San Francisco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye, Cam!" Kathrine said and pulled me into her embrace.

"Bye, Katherine," I said as I drew away.

I got to my car after walking to the exit. As I approached my car, I noticed a letter on the dashboard.

I dashed to my car and retrieved the letter, which was identical to the one at my office, complete with a red envelope and my name written in black ink.

I was frightened when I opened the envelope and read what was inside.

Isn't it difficult, Amore, to understand rules? So, I'm warning you that chaos is on its way; proceed with caution.

-?

I gasped and quickly looked around to see if anyone was there. Why would someone send me something like this?

I immediately stuffed the note into my handbag and unlocked my vehicle door with a sigh.

I stepped inside and drove back to Alejandro's house hastily, my mind racing with questions about what those notes meant. Is it okay if I tell Alejandro? No, perhaps things will deteriorate.

I soon stopped my vehicle panting because my mind couldn't stop pondering everything and I felt as if the air in my car was suffocating me.

What the hell was going on with me?

I sighed and opened my car window and took some water from my bag.

I drank it all as fast as I could, and suddenly my breathing went back to normal.

I started to drive back to the house, trying to calm myself down.

When I got to the house, I quickly stepped out of the car and went inside. When I walked inside, I saw Carson there.

"Carson, what are you doing here? Where's Alejandro? " I said and closed the door behind me.

"Mr. Huxley, had a busy schedule today. He told me to watch you." He said, and I nodded.

I went upstairs and inside the room.

I immediately stowed my belongings and went to the bathroom to wash my hair, then bathed and walked to the changing room, where I selected a white lace t-shirt that wasn't too exposing and a pair of shorts.

I finished my skincare regimen and took my medicines, and because I wasn't in the mood for supper tonight, I suppose I may sleep on an empty stomach?

All I wanted to do now was sleep, so I lied down on the bed and put my phone on the nightstand.

I closed my eyes and heard the door open. The scent of perfume engulfed me, and I immediately recognized who it was: Alejandro.

I heard someone step into the shower, and a few minutes later, I felt the bed drop and muscular arms embrace my waist. A gentle grin encircled me, and I was drawn closer to him. I cuddled into him even more, and immediately a profound slumber enveloped me.