seventeen

I've thought about it. I dealt with the consequences and heard his side. Harvey was not happy. I left him to go dance with his best friend. Found him sitting alone in his car probably thinking of ways to end me. I let him ramble and hate me for as long as he wanted. In the end, he suggested we take a break. He knew I was lying when I told him I left because I needed air. He said he's never been on a break in less than a week of a relationship. He told me I was going to be difficult. He loved that but he still needed space.

It's finals week now. I haven't heard from Harvey since and I think that's a bad thing. Who knows who he's been with. He and Sophia used to take breaks and everyone knew he had multiple girls in between those times. How come I didn't know?

"You had a choice between an essay or forty questions and majority of you chose essay. Please turn those in. For the people who chose questions, you will be taking it across the hall with Ms. Benson." Mrs. May passed out the tests to those who didn't do the essay. Rudy got one of the packets.

"Where are you going?" Kit asked nervously.

"I suck at writing." Rudy accepted her exam of the midterm and left the class.

I was left with ten other students including Kit who barely looked at me since that awkward night. I spent a lot of my time checking my phone and going home alone since then. He used to have spontaneous places for us to go so he and Rudy wouldn't be bored. I guess I blew that.

"Can we get on our phones?" One student asked. Mrs. May merely responded and everyone was on their devices within seconds.

Nova
Hi :)

Kit Richardson
is typing...

Nova
I can see you punching in random letters

He then turned around to face me which shocked me a bit. Didn't expect such a drastic gesture so soon. "Am I not getting something?" I gave him a puzzled look. "I told you I'll sit back and you've been bothering me ever since."

"I thought you meant you'd sit back on kissing me not on being my friend."

Kit cracked a smile. "Both are very difficult." I frowned at his attempt to hurt my feelings. "You must have disregarded my advice. Harvey seems very happy with you suddenly. He's glowing actually."

"That's weird. Harvey and I haven't talked since homecoming. We're on break actually." I tried to seem like it didn't worry me but I was going through it mentally. I had no idea what he was doing or what he was telling people. Now I'm finding out he's just fine.

"That is weird." Kit's eyes widened as if he said something he shouldn't. "He doesn't... know?" I shrugged. "If he did he would have told me something. What did you say?"

"He's upset that I wasn't there for the first slow dance. I told him I got nervous and went to the restroom." Kit chuckled. "I was actually nervous. I knew I had to slow dance with him but then I remembered that we kissed hours prior and I'd have to look him in the face and-"

"Realize that there's nothing there all over again? Sucks. I don't know how you feel." He turned his attention back to his phone and sighed. "Stuck with you for an hour and a half. God I wish Rudy was here."

I crossed my arms over my chest and Kit quickly looked back at me with a huff. "Why don't you just speak instead of making these noises."

"It wouldn't make sense for me to tell you everything I'm feeling. There has to be some sort of line of loyalty and that line is for Harvey. You two might be on break but you're still technically dating. I have to respect that." His voice was tainted with sarcasm and I knew he was only doing this to upset me. "But talk to your man. He's got something going on, yes?"