twenty one

"I'm guessing you three actually did your group reports?"

Rudy nodded proudly while handing in our separate reports. "I'm gonna miss those idiots." She winked at us from across the room and all I could do was smile. "I also have a question about the evolution of vaginas. What I've learned from that documentary was the everything has gotten smaller. Does that mean the woman's vagina used to be-"

"Miss Doyle." Mrs. May sent her a warning look. Rudy threw her hands up in surrender. "You guys are always on your little phones. You should take time and look up such a question." The class snickered and giggled as Rudy returned to her seat. "We have approximately twenty-eight seniors between all of the bio classes. I wanted to do something special for them by throwing a party at the end of next month. I'm currently taking suggestions."

Rudy and Kit turned to face each other in excitement. "We can talk Stephan and Jodie into choosing an outdoor movie night. Then you have like ten people on the baseball team who can easily be persuaded." Kit agreed. "It's already majority rules." She pulled out her phone to start sending out the texts messages.

Kit turned around to face me with a big smile on his face. "Sucks being a kid, huh?"

"You're a year old than me. Being eighteen doesn't make you an adult." He playfully pushed my shoulder which gave me instant flashbacks to me and Harvey's conversation. "I have to tell you something that I should have said last weekend."

"What's up?"

It shouldn't be hard to say this but for some reason it was. "You and I can't be touching like this anymore. Harvey said you're not respecting the boundaries in a relationship."

Kit immediately got tense. "Boundaries?" He whispered. "As if you didn't let me finger you Friday night." I clamped my hand over his mouth and looked at Rudy who was laughing at a text on her phone. "You disrespected your relationship first. I'm thinking you're dating this guy as a joke at this point."

"I've never been in a relationship before. I'm learning just like you had to. You aren't being fair about this." Kit scoffed and I knew he could no longer look me in my face. "I'm saying that we need to be friends. Do things friends know how to do."

"Yeah, whatever, Nova." He turned back around in his seat just in time for Rudy to show us a funny picture but neither one of us were in the mood to laugh. "Can I go to the restroom?"

"Are you going to come back?" Mrs. May asked while looking over her glasses. Kit nodded as he left but he didn't come back. Rudy had to take his backpack and put it in his locker after class.

I really wanted to try and give Harvey the chance he deserved. I know that I was never fond of the popular kids but I thought Edith wasn't either yet she grew on me. She gave them a chance so maybe I should too and hopefully I'll get my friend back.

"You go to school dressed like a little boy. What happen to all the shit we bought?" Noel's voice was loud as it echoed down the empty hallway. "We're taking pictures with Erin today."

I peered around the corner hoping my nosy tendencies doesn't get me caught.

"Calm down, Noel. It's a Monday and I didn't feel like dressing all up. I forgot about the stupid pictures and whatever the hell Erin wanted-" Noel grabbed her tightly by her jaw while pointing the other finger directly between her eyes. "Noel..."

"We've talked about this. Sometimes I forget how stupid are. How easily you disregard things that are important to me."

I couldn't watch this go on any longer. Despite how much I was scared of the consequence, I jumped from behind the corner and pushed him off her with everything in me. "Don't touch her like that! What the hell is wrong with you?" Noel looked at me in shock while Edith couldn't look at me at all.