Epilogue

☻♡

☻♡

Epilogue

"You can leave you know." Michael sent the demon a knowing smile, "Just because I'm confined to the darkness doesn't mean you have to be."

"Who said darkness was a bad thing?"

Calum sent Michael a cheesy grin, pulling at Michael's waist to bring the vampire closer to his own body as they lounged on the bed from last night's adventure with one another.

"My beloved full of darkness. Too much darkness..." Calum said softy, placing his hand gently onto the vampire's pale cheek.

This made Michael frown slightly ahead at the demon, seeing the pain within Calum's eyes. He was worried about him, which was new to Michael.

He wasn't used to people caring about him, none-the-less loving him. Calum was so new to him, but for once in his immortal life Michael wasn't pushing it away. He wanted Calum and he'd never let him go now that he had him.

The feeding truly did make them more connected. Michael felt more emotionally and physically connected to Calum. Meanwhile, Calum finally felt at peace with the vampire. He had someone who loved him for him, no matter what.

"Don't look at me like that. I can't take it." Michael frowned slightly, looking away.

"I just want you to be okay."

"I am okay. What makes you think I'm not?" Michael asked confused, looking back at Calum.

Michael...thought he was okay.

"You have unfinished business that we need to take care of together, beloved."

"And that is...?"

"Ashton and Luke."

Michael felt his heart drop. He instantly shook his head.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can and you will. We will together."

"I can't do it, Calum." Michael said seriously with a hint of fear to his voice, "I can't face them after everything I've done to them. What I've done to Ashton..."

Michael felt his heart break. He treated his two best friends so badly, especially Ashton. They were the only ones he had before Calum and they always stuck with him. In return, Michael tortured them both physically and mentally.

He hated himself for what he's done.

"Hey." Calum said softly, grabbing Michael's hands into his own, "I know it's freighting, but I'll be with you through everything. You need to finish this. Okay?"

"...Okay." Michael sighed, sharply closing his eyes. He needed to do this. But at least he had Calum by his side while he did.

—•••—