chapter 8: Make it up to you

Our lips were just millimeters away and...

RING RING A LING!

Someone's calling me? Oh wow right timing. I stepped back from our position. Momo was calling me.

"Y/N, Where the hell are you two? Come back here quiccckk the waitress said only 4 customers will have a free drink from their promo today!"

"O-Oh we're going there now, wait for us." I stuttered because of embarrassment and I can feel Ms. Im glaring at me. I hanged up the call.

"Momo said w-we should-" I was left standing when she left me and went back to the cafeteria. Oh gosh, I think she was upset when Momo's call cut our moment. Great, I have to do something.

We entered the cafeteria again and went back to the table. The girls explained to Ms. Im what the waitress told them and the I heard that the free drink is my boss' favorite.

I was craving for a drink since morning but I don't care anymore and I need to make it up to her so I'll do something that would make her happy.

The waitress went to our table and gave us the free drinks. Mina, Momo and Sana got their free drinks and one was left since only 4 customers and I would like to give it to my boss.

The waitress gave me and Ms. Im a 'which of you two is going to take this drink' look. "It's hers, thank you." I said smiling to the waitress and she left. Ms. Im furrowed her eyebrows to me and curious on what I did because she taught I'll be getting it. She slide the drink on the table to me.

"Please enjoy that drink, it belongs to you." I said with a sweet tone since she's angry from what happened a while ago. She was flustered but immediately drank her favorite drink. She's so cute, she looks like a kid craving long for a lollipop.

But then I remembered that we almost kissed a while ago if Momo didn't call me, I'm grateful Ms. Im is distracted by her favorite drink now or else she's going to remember it.

The girls are getting comfortable with Ms. Im now, I really didn't expect that they would like each other and be friends. I'm watching them laughing and realized that Ms. Im is still our boss. It's actually getting late so I think I should bring my boss home now.

"Girls, it's getting late. Ms. Im needs to go home now since she still have a meeting for tomorrow"

"What? We're still having fun talking about- Oh yeah you're right." Mina said, I think they forgot that Ms. Im's still our boss hahaha.

We bid goodbye to the girls and I called her driver to pick her up. We didn't wait that long and the driver already arrived. I opened her car door.

"Mr. Han, please take her home safe." I was about to close the car door when she stopped it from closing. Jeez she shouldn't do that she would lose her hand in no time.

"Why aren't you coming?" She asked me. I taught I won't come to send her home tonight since it may be awkward because of what happened a while ago.

"Uhm my M-Mom texted me to go home early for today, Ms. Im." I taught of an excuse. Argh that was a bad excuse, i'm just an assistant and I can't leave without my boss' consent.

She nods. "Okay, we'll go ahead then." she closed the car door and didn't let me speak. I thought she'll caught me off guard and won't let me but no. I really think I'm not her assistant anymore because of what's happening. We almost kissed and now she's letting her assistant do whatever? I'll just shrug this off and go home.

I arrived at my house and the house is quiet. I'm guessing they are now asleep since we all have our tiring businesses. I lied down and taught of it again, I was really curious what if Momo didn't call then that happened. I was overthinking about it until I fell asleep.

NAYEON POV

Y/N didn't sent me home tonight. I just go with the flow a while ago and noticed myself let my assistant go home early without asking my permission. I'm going crazy thinking we almost kissed. I can't move when Y/N leaned in for it. This isn't a normal boss and assistant relationship anymore, Nayeon. Nevermind, I understand that Y/N would fall for a ethereal woman like me and it's hard to not like me. I need to sleep now since I have a meeting tomorrow. I hope Y/N will dream about it, jk.

_______

To be continued...