chapter 22: Uh-oh.

"Oops, i'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump you." The old lady bowed to us.

"What's that?" Nayeon asked. She looked at the thing that fell on the ground and I panicked.

...

*ring ring*

"Oh.." I muttered. My heart stopped for a second. Nayeon almost saw the box of ring on the ground, thanks to the caller.

"I'll take this call first, okay?" Nayeon held my hand and excused herself first to answer the call.

"S-Sure u-uh sure." I smiled nervously.

"Here you go." A random woman picked it up and gave it to me. I looked up to see who is it.

"Ms. Y-Yoo?"

"Jeongyeon, stop the formality hahaha." She chuckled and i took the box of ring from her hand.

"So, getting married?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Yeah, but just about to propose to her." I smiled.

"Really? When are you planning to do it?"

"Next week, hopefully." I scratched my nape.

"Well, i'm greeting you both congratulations huh. I'm happy for the both of you." Jeongyeon patted my shoulder.

"Thanks haha, it's been years. How are you?" I asked Jeongyeon.

"Doing great, finally found someone hahaha. Oh, i want to talk more but i really have to go somewhere. Advance congrats to the both of you!" Jeongyeon waved goodbye.

"Thanks Jeongyeon, take care!" I waved back.

Just when Jeongyeon left, Nayeon just arrived after answering the call.

"Hey love~" Nayeon gave me a back hug.

"Hey, who was that?"

"Oh, just Momo. She asked if there is a branch near her location where there's jokbal." Nayeon laughed.

"What? She's crazy for that." We laughed.

"By the way, what was the thing that fell a while ago?" Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"E-Eh?"

"I mean, you looked like you broke your mom's vase. What was that?" Nayeon stepped closer, i hope she won't speculate it from my body.

"O-Oh, that ooone? I thought I- uh, hah.. I just thought i-"

"Babe, calm down. I was just asking what was it? Are you fine?" She placed her palm on my forehead.

"Yeah, m-maybe just cold. Let's head back now?" I pretended to feel cold and a little shiver move.

"What? It's not yet winter. Whatever, you're so crazy today." She slapped my cheek playfully.

"I'm crazy for you, you know?"

"You're cheesy." Nayeon chuckled.

"You're blushing." I teased her.

"W-What? No, it's because of my blush on." Nayeon looked away.

"No baby, you're-"

"W-Whatever, we're here now." Nayeon rolled her eyes playfully and we stopped in front of her place.

"Good night~"

"No." I whined.

"It's midnight-"

"Okay, goodnight kiss first please." I positioned my cheek and closed my eyes like a child. She leaned in but i suddenly faced her making our lips touch.

"Y-Yah!" Nayeon touched her lips.

"Why? We're a couple for years, does it bother you?"

"N-No, you startled me okay? Good night, i love you." Nayeon suprisingly kissed you back.

"O-Omo, good night baby. I love you too, dream of me."

"I'll text you." Nayeon winked at you.

<3