Waking Up As The Villainess (Prologue+ Ch 1)

IT was full moon in the sky; usually it would have been just another torturous night for Selene but tonight was different for her, who was working on her latest mission 'Escaping'. Yes, that's right she was planning escape from her horrible life and start a new normal life.

As long as she remembers Selene had been an orphan, an unfortunate one at that , working hard to stay alive, and getting food by any means to survive. That's when that man extended helping hand, which she accepted gratefully. She thought her life would become better; or so she had thought.

But fate played a joke on her, few days later she discovered that she was not picked by the man not because of good intentions but because she had something that the man needed. Not because of sympathy but because she was special. Continuous experiments continuously gave her pain; she dropped from heaven to hell. Tired of such life she just wanted escape from that hell hole.

"Selene, are you sure about this?" a voice behind her asked.

"Z, even if you don't want to support me, at least don't to try to interfere." she said.

"Will you do this even if there is only a slight chance that it would succeed?" Z asked.

"Yeah, so don't poke your nose in this" she said coldly.

"I am sorry to disappoint you but-

He took out a switch from his pocket and pressed it.

-I can't do that, I just hope you will forgive one day for this."

Selene looked at the switch realising what it was and turned to run, but it was too late. The last thing she heard was a deafening sound and then it all went black.

'Ah, my life sucks '

.

.

.

.

"Selene"

'Huh? Where am I? Is someone calling me?'

"Child, listen to me."

'Who is that? Why can't I see anyone?'

"If I give you a chance to live a good life would accept it?"

'Sure, as long as I don't get experimented on, I am fine with anything...'

"Are you sure? The life I can give you is not bad but it is not good either.

'Yeah, sure...'

" I am giving you something which will aid you, live the life I have given you...."

She felt a sudden jolt, and felt as if she was falling down rapidly from somewhere high, the sensation stopped. She opened her eyes. Could it be that the dream was real? 'Yes it was real'. A voice echoed in her head.

"My lady, you are awake! You are awake at last." A girl wearing a maid outfit burst into the room exclaiming happily.

'Huh, why is she calling me 'my lady' ?' Suddenly she felt dizzy thousands of pictures were forced into her head, due the suddenness, her head started to ache.

"My lady, are you okay?" the maid asked worriedly.

'Whose memories are these? Why am I seeing these pictures? Who's the little girl in these memories?' she wondered confused.

"My lady?" the maid called looking worried.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"What? You don't remember me? I am Ava, your personal maid. Are you really feeling fine?" Ava fretted.