Chapter 3 Mana Awakening

Selene woke up with a jolt and looked around her. After conforming that she was in the same room as before, her body relaxed a bit. But before she could relax completely she felt a searing hot pain in the chest area, she clutched her chest in pain. It felt as though something was trying to break free in the chest area with all its might.

Selene bent forward  to alleviate the pain but instead it became worse now it felt like someone had stabbed a knife in her chest and was twisting it.After trying many ways to ease the pain in vain, she sat in a rigid position and waited for the seething pain to subside. She bit her lips to stop any noise coming from her mouth due to the pain,closed her eyes and started to meditate taking deep breaths in and out. Slowly her body relaxed and she was able bear the pain without flinching now and then.

That's when she felt something strange flowing through her body, it was hot yet cool and soothing.Slowly the painful knot in her chest loosened before disappearing completely. Strangely she felt a lot more refreshed after the painful process.

She didn't know why such thing happened to her the moment she woke up, that stupid god didn't even bother to mention cause of such a painful experience.She couldn't rely on the knowledge she got from earth here(novel world). Maybe the villainess had some hidden illness? But there was nothing mentioned like that in the book.

'Right don't I have special abilities now? Maybe one of them can help me to find out about my situation.'

She currently has three abilities she knows about, out of which the 'status scanner' is the one that is supposed to provide her information about the new world she is now going to live in. But the problem was that it gives the information objects or the people who are in front of her. How to make herself make herself appear in front of her? 'That's impossible- her gaze fell on the mirror stand beside the bedside table -or not.'

She jumped off the bed silently and went to the mirror and stood in front of it.She saw herself in the mirror with her new looks just like the time when she discovered that she had become the villainess. But there was a difference, she saw a blue square bar floating above her head.On it some details about her were written.

On it some details about her were written

She reached to grab it, but her hand passed through it. "So it's like a holographic image." she mumbled. She proceeded to read the words on it.As the God of fate described, it contained basic yet clear details about her or should she say about the new her.

Her magic status explained the painful process she experienced. Seemed that mana awakening wasn't that easy as it was described in the book.Or maybe it was painful because her body had been subjected to mana suppression for a long time. 'Whatever at least the pain was worth it.'

She was relieved that she had magic abilities. It would have been troublesome if she did not, since it would be way harder to deal with the red flags in the future or any other potential danger lurking around her.