Chapter 16 Capturing a Guild

Two months have passed since Selene's last market visit and here she was preparing to go there yet again. After she learnt about Ligara plant, she had gone to library to look into the few alchemy related books available there and see if Val's words were true. After confirming they were, she immediately set into action to try and find a place where it is available. 

Of course for a product monopolized by the royal family, there are only few places in the empire where it was sold illegally. Also she had decided not to take help from Paul in this matter. This was because of the thoughts she had heard during their last meeting about him planning to get her weakness in order to get the source of magic crystals out of her.

So it would be risky to ask him about the illegal sources of Ligara plant. Fortunately with the help of Fenrir and Anna, Selene was still able to get the names of the secret guilds which sold it. Most of the work was done by Fenrir as he had a lot of knowledge about them as a former slave but Anna insisted on sorting out the names. 

While she was looking at them, she came across a familiar name- 'Obsidian' it was a guild which was mentioned in the book. When the male lead Prince Augustus was 16 he had found out about one of the illegal guilds of the empire. This incident had brought lot of praise to the him and had also increased the chances of him becoming the crown prince which he did become when he turned 17.

The main point was that the guild operated on exploiting slaves, most of them younger than 18. Slavery was by law illegal in the empire, but just like any law that existed till date, this was also disobeyed by some, actually not some but a lot of people because of it being a lucrative business. 

That's how Selene got a bold idea about Obsidian. Yes, the idea was to take over the guild. Obsidian as described in the novel which didn't have any powerful support because of which Augustus was able to destroy with the ease of a child's play. That was also why it was a perfect target for Selene. She knew that it might change the flow of the story a bit but she didn't care.

 Although she already had an idea about her powers before, talking with Henriette made her realise how rare they were. And the fact that she had defeated two adult males without her past life's skills made her confident too.

Thus Selene trained to reach the 3rd level in her basic and special elements and reach second level in her unique elements. While she training she came to understand why light and dark elements were called unique. Because they were the only ones that gave the user two types of power for a single element: Literal and Symbolic. So a light magic user can both control light and could do healing stuff too. Same was with dark magic.

Alongside her training, she had also started her project on making new mana devices too. She contacted Aldis, secretly of course. She had no interest to struggle to make another lie to convince the duke. That was the start of Aldis's secret visits to the west wing which would continue for long time.

Selene finished packing all the things she had prepared for her mission. With Aldis, all of her blueprints had become a reality. She packed 5 pieces of each in her bag and a knife which she knew had no use in it. It was a habit of her from her days as an assassin which she couldn't get rid of.

She turned to see Anna who was sulking in the corner of the room, trying her best to ignore Selene.

"Anna." Selene called.

"Don't, milady. I won't be able to hold myself back." Anna said turning towards the wall.

"Hold back yourself from what? Talking to me?" Selene teased.

"Urgh, I am trying to be angry here." Anna pouted.

The reason why Anna was acting this way was because of Selene's decision of taking Fenrir with her to the guild. Anna who was already upset about him stealing half of the duties she had before, burned with jealousy when Selene said she was going with Fenrir instead of her.