Chapter 15 Making a New Friend

Ok, so from this chapter onwards I am keeping Lumen's dialogue in bold italic so that it is easier to distinguish when the mental conversation is happening. 

"Hah... this is so good ... I really thought I was going to die in there."

Selene was sitting in front of a blue-haired girl munching on the strawberry pastry she had bought for the girl. She was the one who Selene had saved some time ago.

Half an hour ago ~

'Did the voice really come from this alley?' Selene asked Lumen again for the 5th time.

'Yes, I am pretty sure that it came from here, let's go a bit further.' Lumen replied back.

After 5 minutes they heard some voices about the turn, Selene stopped and hid herself in a corner and listened carefully.

".....should just take ransom for her."

"No, it would be better to sell her to Carmon, that slave trader we made a deal with last time."

"I guess you are right. I heard there is a trend going on for buying pretty kids her age in the slave market."

Selene stopped listening to their conversation and opened her status scanner to look at the two men's stats. Fortunately, like she had hoped they were not too powerful, they had nothing special except them being adults. Perfect targets to test the magic ornaments that she had brought with her

'You are really going to take them on?'

'Of course at worst, if these things do not work, I will just use my own magic to defeat them. You know that I reached the second level in all the basic elements, right?'

'Yeah, yeah go on then.'

Selene stepped out of the shadows after putting on the hood she brought with her, in front of the two men and waited for them to notice her. Deeply engaged in their conversation about deciding how to get the max profit out of the girl in the gunny bag, it took them five whole minutes to realize her standing in front of them.

"Who are you kid? Did you lose your way here?" Man no. 1 asked.

"Do you need our help? We are good people who guide kids like you home." Man no.2 said smiling thinking that that will ease the little girl up standing in front of him.

' Humph if it would have been any other kid than you, they would have already run away from fear. Did you the disgusting teeth this b*stard has?'

'How do you know that I won't run away? I mean I'm also a kid.'

'Umm... I know your secret.'

'Which secret are you talking about?' Selene didn't have any secrets to share with dragon other than the one about her transmigrating to this world.

'I kinda have access to your memories because of the contract bond between us. But don't worry the innermost secrets are not visible, only the basic memories of your past life are visible.'

'What?'

'I...Don't get mad okay? I'll explain it fully later. You should focus on the ones in front of you instead now unless you want to be kidnapped too.'

Selene wanted to continue but realized it would be better to handle the men first and so turned she turned to them. They were discussing something in low voices.

"Hey, look at those clothes she is wearing under her cloak, they look like the clothes those nobles wear."

"Should we take her too?"