Chapter 3 - The Sewers

(Official Artwork by Tarsier Studios)

"Good question... what are we meant to do now?"

Mono paced around, thinking to himself as Six broke a cracker in half and pulled it out of the plastic wrapping. She tried to fit the large cracker into her mouth, resorting to just ripping off a corner and chewing on it.

"Does that giant expect us to just... live here?"

"I mean... we could..."

He rose an eyebrow at Six's weird reply.

"Live in this empty metal room? Not in a million years!"

"Oh, no of course not. We should go explore this place, maybe we can find a good place to stay for a while?"

Mono shrugged, his eyes fixated on the door that was in front of him.

"I guess... if we can figure out how to get this door open."

"What even is there to explore..?"

Six set the cracker down, leaning over to the side and looking around Mono, her eye-catching onto something in the corner of the room.

"We don't need to open that door, there's a crack in the wall over there in that corner."

She pointed it out to Mono, who turned around to see for himself. Just as she said, there was a crack in the corner of the room. Light slightly protruded from the other side of the wall, guaranteeing the chance of it leading somewhere. The chances of it being something interesting were very slim, however.

"Well, I guess it's worth a shot."

Six broke off a piece of the cracker and stuffed it into her raincoat's pocket, getting onto her feet and following Mono as they approached a possible escape route. He crouched, pressing his face against the cracked wall and eyeing the room on the other side. What he saw wasn't exactly what he expected.

"Oh my..."

The fat giants from before marched along the same red carpet from before, except this time they appeared to be getting monitored by something. A giant eye shifted back and forth between the incoming guests, shining a bright light down on all of them. It produced a loud mechanical whirring sound with every slight movement it made as it kept watch on them as they crossed the narrow wooden bridge. Below Mono was a long drop that he couldn't see the end to, a black abyss that seemed to stare back at him the more he looked at it.

"What is going on out here..? Why do they have a security system?"

Mono held his breath in shock as the watchful eye suddenly locked onto one of the giants. They beamed their light down on them as the line paused for a moment, the other giants turning around to face the one who was being watched like a hawk by the mechanical eye. The lone guest looked around in panic, frantically waving his stubby arms at the eye, yelling at it incomprehensibly. 

"Six, you have to see this..."

"Let me see..."

The mechanical eyeball flicked a glass up in front of its iris, making Mono wince as the unfortunate giant it was targeting began to burn alive. A high-pitched whine emitted from the eye, causing Mono & Six to cover their ears. Smoke emitted from his flesh as he cried in agony, falling onto the ground as his movements grew slower and slower. The other giants watched as his flesh suddenly began to transform into stone as he rolled off of the bridge, disappearing into the dark mist below. The faint sound of water splashing could be heard as the mechanical eye retracted the glass and continued to monitor the rest of the giants who were visibly trembling.