Chapter 8 - Prison

(Artwork by ValeRune)

"Okay, it's getting increasingly obvious what's going on between you two..."

Seven began to propose his observations as Mono and Six stood there with confused expressions plastered across their faces.

"What are you talking about, Seven?"

"It's SO obvious that you two are in love!"

Mono's reaction was a lot different than Six's. He stood there with a blank expression as Six covered her face and turned away.

"Uh, what..?"

"Now you're trying to play dumb, huh?"

They had just emerged off of the elevator and were walking down a dimly lit hallway when Seven had suddenly begun to call out Mono for something he wasn't even aware existed. 

"She's your crush, right..?"

"Um..."

"Ew... I don't love Mono!"

Six finally spoke as Mono felt a sharp pang in his heart. 

"What..?"

Mono relaxed as she turned to him and winked, Six showing that she was keeping it a secret still.

"Are you serious!? You don't like Mono?"

"What is a crush?"

"Well, it's when you like a person, so you... uh... hang out a lot I guess?"

"Well, I do like Six."

"But do you really REALLY like her?"

"Yes..?"

Six shut the conversation down by waving her hand in front of both of their faces.

"Enough with the talk... we need to get going."

"Hm... alright."

Mono sighed, continuing through the slightly dark room they were traversing through. Seven was holding onto his flashlight and leading the way as it got really quiet between them.

"Alright, well... how about we talk about our favorite foods?"

Seven turned around, walking backward.

"Sure!"

Six became to think of several candies as Mono could name only four different things he's tried.

"Well, I've had broccoli, bread, cheese, carrots maybe? I don't remember."

"Vegetables are gross!"

Seven's face contorted to disgust as he shook his head.

"You ever tried chocolate? Or vanilla?"

"No?"

"What?! You haven't?"

Six patted Mono on the back.

"I can go look for some chocolate for you. You have to try it!"

"Sure, I guess?"

"Not right now, though. For all we know the exit could be right up here..."

As they rounded the corner, they were met instead with more walking.

"And... of course it isn't."

"Well, guess that means we get to talk more!"

Seven tried to make the mood better, but Six and Mono were still grouchy.