Chapter 9: Strawberry Shortcake.

(TANYA)

"Don't you love this day?" Olivia said cheerfully.

"Yes, it is Olivia," I laughed.

"Why do I have to come with you two?" Darren grudged.

"Because you love us, Darren," Olivia happily answered.

"I should be with people who have same age as me," he muttered.

I heard a light slap and I bet Olivia slap Darren, "Are you telling us that we are old?!"

"But you were already old!"

"It's just four years gap," Olivia was now scolding him.

And they started to quarrel. We are on the Colhen Coffee Shop eating some snacks because Olivia invited me to go out while she dragged Darren who was just visiting me in the shop.

"Guys, stop it," I interrupted them which they obliged, "Why do you suddenly invite us to go here?" I asked Olivia who was in my right.

"She didn't invite me, she dragged me here," Darren scowled.

"Shut up," Olivia said to Darren before answering me, "Not much really, I just want to hang out with you."

"Is it just always the two of you who hang out?" Darren asked.

"Yeah but sometimes we hang out with Charlotte, she's one of our friend but she was not at the town right now because she was visiting her grandmother," Olivia responded.

Charlotte Miller is Olivia's college friend. She's a sweet and intelligent woman. She works on a bank but currently she's outside of the town to visit her grandmother.

"We also hang out with Nathaniel, Charlotte's boyfriend," I added.

Nathaniel Yu is Charlotte's boyfriend and he's a pure Chinese but his family migrated here in America. He's working on his family restaurant that sells Chinese foods.

"Oh yeah, Nat, maybe we should pay him a visit in their restaurant," Olivia suggested.

"They have a restaurant?" Darren asked.

"Yes, a family restaurant which sells Chinese foods. Nathaniel is a pure Chinese, his surname is Yu," I responded.

"Oh, I love Chinese foods, they're delicious. Maybe you could introduce me to Nat so that we can be friends and I can have discounts in their restaurant," Darren said cheerfully.

"On one condition, you say that you love to hang out with us and you keep on doing it until the day I got tired of you," Olivia demanded cockily.

"Wow, I didn't think you have a bitch side," Darren snorted.

"Yeah, now you know."

And then they started to quarrel again. I think I need to get used to this because I got this feeling that they will quarrel every time they will meet.

"I'll go to the restroom," I said as I stood up from my chair.

"Do you need some help?" Olivia asked.

"No, I know the way," I declined and walked confidently but with a lot of care in the shop.

I know the Colhen Coffee Shop because I often come here with Olivia and Dad. I also knew the owner Ms. Rita Colhen, a forty years old woman who is kind and sweet. I passed the counter where Jesse Hale is located. He is the head barista in the shop. He's a twenty seven years old man who is also kind and sweet.