Chapter 61: New Beginnings.

(ERWAN)

One week off from work seems like just a blink on an eye. I still don't want to go to work and I just want to stay here on Renard's place, of course with him. However, that guy is eager to go back to work.

I was still on the bed, Renard's bed to be more accurate, watching that guy running around the room as he prepares to finally get back to work.

"Let's have another week off again," I commented.

"Denied," he said straightaway.

"Oh come on," I whined, "Going to work is tiring!"

"Then quit," he deadpanned as he arranged his necktie.

I pouted. He's no fun!

"I have to go already," he said as he grabbed his car keys and bag then looked at me, "Breakfast already at the table, clean up the dishes and please, if you have a work to do and decided to disappear again, tell me beforehand."

I grinned, "You worry too much," then winked.

He rolled his eyes, "I'll go now," then walked towards the door.

"Hey! No goodbye kiss?!" his reply was a loud slam on the door.

I chuckled. I grabbed my phone on the bedside table and switched it open since I turned it off to prevent the disturbance from my sweet week. As expected, Herman's messages and missed calls were on the phone. I didn't bother to read the messages and started to call his number.

After the first ring he answered, "ERWAN CUIZON! What the fuck?! Why didn't you answered my calls or even replied to my messages? Your works are piling up!"

I sighed, back to life, "Yeah, yeah, stop whining. What's the first job?" I asked as I stood up from the bed, put the call on loudspeaker and left it on the table for me to start dressing up.

"I barely managed to keep this assignment because they are offering a great amount of cash," he grumbled, "Good thing they really wanted you to do it because I heard that the last assassin they hired is a failure."

"Great amount of cash like what?"

"I'm talking ten million dollars here," he replied.

I dropped the shoe I was holding, "Are you fucking serious?"

"I was surprised at first but I checked everything and it's all positive," he assured.

Wow, this is the first time someone offered us that great amount of money. They must really desperate or my net worth just went up. I wanted to believe the latter. "Tell me the details," I'm excited to do this. Not really the job but the money.

"Alright," he started, "It's pretty simple actually, I don't understand why this is a ten million dollars worth but I didn't bother to ask, I just thought about the money. You just need to kill someone, I already checked the details I'll send it to you now," he explained.

After tying my shoes I grabbed my phone again and checked the mail Herman sent. It's a woman, a familiar looking woman.

"Honestly, she's not famous or well known. She doesn't even have a high status," Herman commented.

Wavy brown hair and pale skin and those eyes—

"I don't even think she's worth ten million dollars but poor her you have to end her life."

She looks like the picture I saw on Vincent Throne's place but if you look closely, she's not. But I think I've seen her somewhere. She's very famil--- my eyes widen in realization, "I think I made a mistake," I whispered to myself.