Chapter 12: The Best Least Creative Describer.

(TANYA)

"I'm terribly sorry Tanya," my best friend apologized, "I know I told you that I'll be coming there but unfortunately my boss called me and I need to go to the studio," she explained.

"It is okay, Olivia," I assured her, "I understand, you don't have to fret over small things," I chuckled.

"But I know it would be boring there," she whined, "Why don't you just go to the studio? That will be awesome and I know my boss won't mind that," she suggested.

"Olivia, I'll be just a bother there and besides Dad will be alone here," I declined not wanting to be a nuisance.

"You're not a bother, ever! And please you're Dad will be busy repairing instruments."

"How can I go there?" I countered.

"I'll ask Darren to pick you up," she piped up.

"Olivia, it's Thursday and he has classes," I pointed out.

"Oh, I forgot about that, he still went to school, right. Then ask your Dad to hail you a cab."

"I don't know," I trailed off.

"Tanya, ask your Dad now!" she ordered more likely shouted.

"Okay, okay," I sighed in defeat and I hung up. I went to the desk where my Dad works and asked him if I could go to the studio where Olivia works and to get me a cab. He's fine with it and immediately fetch a cab, Dad gave the directions to the driver and told him that I'm blind, good thing the driver is a good man.

The driver chatted with me a little, saying he also have a relative who is blind, he's quite a talkative really but it's better because there's only a few people that can be really nice to me.

"And there was a time when she asked me to cook for her bu—" he was interrupted when the cab came into a sudden halt. Good thing I have my seatbelt on.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"I think there's something wrong with the car. Wait here I'll just check it," the man said. I heard he opened his door. I waited patiently inside the car after a few minutes he went back and explained, "I got a flat tire, I'm sorry I'll just get you another cab."

"I'm sorry about your tire and thanks," I smiled as I unlatched my seatbelt and went outside the car.

"Hey! Hey!" I heard he shouted I think he's hailing a cab. Suddenly I heard a loud honk and I faced the direction of the noise and I heard some opening of doors.

"Is there any problem sir?" the driver of the cab asked.

"No, there isn't," I heard a familiar voice said.

"Tomas?" I asked curiously. I know it's his voice.

"Good morning, Miss Tanya," he greeted.

"You knew him, ma'am?" the driver asked.

"Yes, I knew him."

"Do you have any problem in here?" Tomas asked.

"Yes, I got a flat tire and ma'am here need to go to The Art Studio so I'm getting her another cab," the driver explained.

"You don't have to do that. We'll take Miss Tanya to the studio."

"Oh, you don't have to do that. Please don't bother yourself." I declined politely.

"Please Miss Tanya, it's more safely and you're not a nuisance," he insisted. I think I heard that words somewhere.

"Yeah, you should listen to him ma'am. That would be better," the driver agreed.