Chapter 53: Self Punishing.

(MARGAUX)

I was sitting in the chair by the table at the garden. I was supposed to study my notes for the upcoming exam but I can't help but to think problem that my Fratello has. I leaned my cheek at my hand that was placed on the table and staring blankly.

"Here's the iced tea you asked Miss Margaux," Gino interrupted my thoughts. "You have to study Miss or you will fail on your exams."

I sighed and said, "I know." He went back to his position, behind me waiting for my orders. I took a sip at my drink and tried to go back to studying but after a few seconds I couldn't help but to worry. "How is Tanya?" I finally asked Gino without looking at him.

"As what I heard from Tomas she's doing good but still recovering," he answered.

"How about the suspect?"

"The police are still investigating him,"

"And Tanya's papa?"

"Still in coma, Miss,"

"How about my Fratello?"

I heard him sighed. I turned around to look at him, "What?"

"Everything's fine, Miss, you don't have to worry," he assured me.

I frowned, "How can you be so sure?"

"I'm not sure but I'm being positive," he smiled. His smile that is always blinding, charming and beautiful.

I turned back and pouted, don't smile at me or I might forget why I'm angry at you! I got to keep my composure.  

"Are you still mad at me?" he asked.

"I'm not," I frowned, trying to concentrate on my notes.

"It seems to me that you are," he pushed.

I rolled my eyes, "When I say I'm not, I'm not," read your notes, read your notes.

"Why do you keep on lying?"

That's it! I stood up facing him and glared, "Lying? Are you calling me a liar? What's your problem? You don't have any rights to call me liar when all of you, even my Fratello, were lying to me. But when did I ever question you? I just kept my ears closed and tried my best to be oblivious of everything! Don't call me liar when you, yourself is one," I snapped at him.

He was calm but I could sense and see how his eyebrows meet and mouth slightly opened in surprise, "This is not about what we do, it's about how you still haven't fully forgiven me and how you are acting childish about it."

I scoffed, "And now you're calling me childish!"

"Could you calm down and let's be more mature about this. Tell me what you want me to do, tell me what your thoughts are. How can you forgive me?"

Maybe he's right. Let's calm down, "I already forgive you."

He ignored it and said affectionately, "I miss you Margaux."

My eyes widen and I could feel my cheeks started to burn and my heart started to beat rapidly, "W-where's the Miss on it?" I stuttered trying to scold him.

But he continued, "I'm sorry about my sudden outburst but you can't blame me because I'm worried about your welfare. I don't want you to get hurt or in pain or even be away from me because I do care about you."

I'm sure my cheeks are already red, "Why do care you are about me?"

"I think you know the answer," he cheekily grinned.