Chapter 55: Mr. Bunny.

(TANYA)

Today was one of the happiest days of my life. I felt that all the things that have been bothering me suddenly disappeared. For the meantime I forgot the pain in my body and in my mind. I stayed with my father and we chatted for a few hours. Unfortunately, he couldn't move his body because he's still in pain and his body seems like having cramps for sleeping in the same position for a long time. He just held my hand.

However, we still need to separate from each other because I must go back to my room and he still needs a lot of rest. Our reunion was just short. Short but meaningful.

"So, you still got some fruits here on the table, five oranges, three apples, three bananas and few strawberries. Though I'm wondering why the number of fruits decreases rapidly except you eat them every now and then which I know you don't," Olivia said.

I chuckled because somehow I know who the fruit thief is.

"But if you wanted to eat them just ask the nurse, okay? Don't you dare walk on your own," she threatened, "If you got bored there are some Braille books and your Ipod on the bedside table, also your phone is there so that you can call me any time when there's a problem." She needs to go home because visiting hours are almost over.

"I'm going to be alright, Olivia," I assured her. She always does this whenever she leaves. "If there's a problem I'll just push the button to call the nurse. You don't need to worry," I smiled.

She sighed, "Alright, alright," then I felt her arms around me, "I'm glad that everything seems going back to normal."

I wrapped my arms around her also, "Me too."

After Olivia went home, Nurse Sharon went to my room to give me my night medicine. She also helped me to lie on my bed properly. She is a kind person, every now and then she always checks me and sometimes she sneaks me out of the room so that I could breathe some fresh air, though I feel guilty because sometimes I could hear Dr. Rowley scolding her.

I feel so tired because when I closed my eyes I immediately fallen asleep, reminding myself to wake up early so that I could visit Dad first thing in the morning. I can bring him some fruits but I still need to ask Dr. Stavros if Dad can eat them already.

I was in my deep sleep when suddenly my ears perked up because I heard the door of my room creaked slowly. I abruptly opened my eyes, somehow whenever I'm alone I can't help myself but to be alert and be aware of my surroundings. After what happened, I can't help but to be cautious. Then I heard slow footsteps, I could hardly hear them because they are so quiet. I sat immediately and faced the direction of the door.

"Nurse Sharon?" I called, maybe she decided to check on me but she was just here awhile ago.

There's no reply and the footsteps stopped. My heart began to beat rapidly. I know that the person isn't Nurse Sharon. I can feel it. Something is off.

The memories from that night began to come back. I could remember everything. What if he's back? But they said that they already captured the criminal. But what if he escaped and he's back to finish his job. I shivered, I suddenly felt scared and I can't help but to shake.

"W-who's there?" I bravely asked even though I stammered.

"Why do you have that big white shoe?" a voice asked, a sweet and childish voice of a boy asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows in curiously, "Who's there?" I asked once again, this time there's no nervousness.

"Hello, my name is Jamie Salazar," he introduced himself, "And I'm six years old," it made me smile his sweet voice makes the scared feelings I have earlier disappear in an instant.