Mei Li's Aunt

November 27, 20XX (Tuesday)

Zhao Manor

"My precious grandson!"

Yang immediately braces himself for impact, knowing his hands would be full soon as his grandmother jumped into him without any control whatsoever.

With an oomph coming out from his lips, Yang grinned when the elder woman in his arms had begun to pull on his shirt, asking for his attention.

"Grandmother, It's been a while."

Yang's eyes scanned the room before he continued to prioritize the woman that had been begging him to start a family when he had assumed headship with the majority of the companies,

"I've missed you."

"Oh, you silver-tongued child," His grandmother poked his forehead, toes tipping to reach his height.

Grandma Zhao was not your typical short and petite Chinese woman; standing at a whopping five foot eight inches tall, she hovered over his five foot and four inches mother and five foot and two inches aunt even when she was older.

Yue separated the two forcefully with her hands, feeling left out from the enthusiastic greeting while she had none,

"Hey! What about me? Just because big brother is taller than me doesn't mean he gets to be the first for hugs!"

"You go to your grandfather. I need to prioritize your brother so he will give me great-grandchildren soon. Now would be preferred."

Grandma Zhao shooed Yue away as she began to ask Yang questions about his health, his work, and his love life.

Yue smirked when her brother touched his nose on habit when he feels helpless.

If there were anybody more shameless than her brother it would be their grandmother.

Her grinned widen in mischief after her eyes had caught her mother's approving nod.

"You don't have to worry about that Grandmother,"

Yue innocently smiled like she had no plot planned at all, "He's starting to like my best friend now."

The seventy-three woman was still alert even with her age; she had caught what Yue was implying with eyes large in disbelief, "You mean Mei Lin?"

Yue laughed and corrected,

"Mei Li, grandma. Her name is Mei Li. You always forget her name."

"Oh," the Grandmother had chuckled nervously before continuing, "it must be my old age."

Yue just giggled obliviously but Yang's eyes narrowed in suspicion, he looked at the rest of his family members who were now shifting their attention away from them and choosing to talk to each other as if they had not tensed when Grandmother Zhao had uttered the name.

His mother had begun to chat with Aunt Qinyang animatedly as if it was forced while his grandfather, father, and Uncle had begun to start betting on different companies' stock movements.