The Preparation

November 30, 20XX (Friday)

Zhao Manor

Yang woke up late because of last-minute work he needed to do.

It was already one o'clock in the afternoon when he was ready to go to work.

Upon opening his door; he was horrified as four servants run pass by him in a hurry saying things like, "The flowers have arrived." and "The cake needs to be brought into the banquet hall." and "One of us needs to help Miss Mei Li with preparing the guests' name cards."

Hearing the last sentence being uttered by the middle-aged servant that was usually is in charged with cleaning the gardens, Yang called Secretary Bai immediately.

When the secretary picked up, Yang said with a grin,

" I won't be going to the company. I am helping prepare Yue's banquet!"

Secretary Bai rolled his eyes and replied monotonously, "Yes, CEO Zhao."

After the CEO had ended the call, Secretary Bai muttered complains out loud as he stamped papers after papers for the CEO,

"Little Yue had banquets before, and you weren't helping! Mei Li is probably there, and you're too opportunistic to let this chance to be on her good side go."

Secretary Bai glared at his phone before sighing helplessly and promising that if Mei Li married his CEO in the future, he would use Mei Li to manipulate the CEO to do more work so he could also rest on a paid vacation.

Bali or the Maldives sounds nice. Of course, it would be paid by the CEO.

Meanwhile, the CEO had hurried to the Banquet Hall and saw the room filled with people busily arranging flowers on top of the face in the table.

Some were table skirting the guest's roundtables, the long table that would have the buffet were still bȧrė as people cleaned it meticulously.

People were on a ladder putting long strings of flowers on the ceiling as if it came down like rain; there were also four people in the front at the small raised platform arranging the backdrop behind the long table that he knew the Zhao Family members would be seated at while facing the guests.

His eyes scanned for the woman he was hoping to see. He spotted someone carrying a large stack of cards into an already decorated table and had started to fold the cards like tents so they would stand up.

His stride towards her was wide as he ignored the people around gossiping to each other and spoke to Mei Li,

"It's better if we don't use guest cards for not too important people and let them choose for themselves."