His Precious Gem

November 30, 20XX (Friday Night)

Zhao Manor

Zhao Yang stood in front of Mei Li's door again while deliberating whether he should knock and get his face full of cosmetics or avoid Mei Li like the plague so his vɨrġɨn face would stay untouched.

Although his mind had conjured up an image of Mei Li's hand touching his face and putting moisturizers, spreading it on his face with those soft fingers of hers, or how her little fingers would scrub his lips and put some balm over it.

His knock had turned hesitant, "Mei Li, it's me!"

"Come in," her soft voice echoed out of the room.

Yang was fully prepared to converse Mei Li about putting on a face mask if it was just moisturizers be could probably bȧrė the pain like a man.

"Mei Li, I really should not try the mask of dea-"

He stopped when he saw her.

She was standing in front of a long mirror wearing the most gorgeous sleek gown that framed her body's proportion in the best way possible.

In the front, he noticed how conservative it was with a turtleneck stitched with crystals but her back...

oh, her back, her glorious milky white skinned back was for all to see.

Her long hair was pushed to one side on her left and half of it was braided from each side of her forehead and meeting in the back that was then braided together with the rest and had a simple brown tie that could easily blend with the color of her hair

"Yang, can you pass me that black box on the bed?" Mei Li asked but Yang still stared at her without any response.

Yang noticed how she had lacked any jewelry on her body.

He personally thinks that her eyes were the best jewels in the world that she is always wearing.

His eyes scanned at how the dress ended just right above the floor; not touching it with a train but close enough to tease him with her little toes peeking out.

Her arms were completely covered making him nod in approval at least her back was the only problem that could cause him to ache.

His eyes widen when Mei Li strode to his side making a slit in front of her dress known.

Why did she have to attend the banquet?

He started thinking of ways to make her stay in the room so he could be the only one to see her.

"Yang?"

Seeing him this unresponsive, Mei Li took this chance to sit him in the nearest location possible which was her bed.