III

October 27, 20XX (Saturday)

Sheng Palace Restaurant

Suddenly the car stopped, and a building built in white stone that looks like a grand French chateau came into her view.

The gate was open, and a large double door with black runway carpet welcomed her eyes to the entrance that have two guards stationed at either side of the door.

Mei Li could only gape at amazement, feeling like a princess when the guards opened the door for her to enter.

Seeing her awe, Yang decided to take a gamble and pulled her closer to him, grab her hands, and hastily intertwining their fingers.

Fortunately for Yang, the taciturn painter was too in awe at the French baroque style interior to notice what Yang had done.

Mr. Li also gape, but not because of the interior like Mei Li did, but because of the utter shamelessness of his close friend.

Yang had put a lot of effort into this woman, that is another first.

Yang had never been one to exert effort especially to a woman; he had always been the one who was chased and not the other way around.

This time it was different.

Amazing! Mr. Li could not help but sympathize for Yang because Mei Li looked like the type of woman who doesn't like to be deceived and would instead want people to be upfront with her.

If he keeps up with being shameless, he's going to be slapped in the face soon.

Mr. Li observed Yang and Mei Li's interaction as they walk towards the restaurant that had his wife, Li Ru Shi, waiting for from for more than half an hour now.

The glares from his wife would be the first thing Mr. Li knew would greet him, but he had already prepared a reason as to why they were late.

The reason is right in front of him, holding hands and suddenly Li Alexandre couldn't help gawking like a fool when Yang, in the most shameless manner he could imagine, kiss the hand he was holding making the lady's head turn so fast into Yang's direction that Alexandre couldn't believe it did not fall.

Mei Li tried to pull her hands out from Yang's grip, but unfortunately, her strength was no match compared to Yang's.

Powerlessly, she could only glower at him with a demand, "Unhand me, CEO Zhao."

"No, I like holding hands with you."

Mei Li left eyebrow twitch in annoyance. "I don't."

"Why? I don't have sweaty hands. See our hands fits perfectly together as if it is for this purpose."

The fake smile still plastered in his face made Mei Li's eyebrow twitch again.

Mei Li asked, clearly livid,

"Are you going to unhand me or am I going to resort to other methods?"