Shamelessness

October 24, 20XX (Wednesday)

Chanel, Versace, On the Road

The next store they visited was not as smooth sailing as the first one, but Mei Li was happy to observe the young CEO's different attitudes to different personas.

Upon entering the store, with doors opened by a fidgeting saleslady, "Excuse Me, I am Alice. How may I help you?"

Mei Li could tell that this saleslady was nervous, but that doesn't concern her, as long as she doesn't flirt with the CEO she is with, Mei Li was sure there would be no mishaps.

"We would like to see the scarfs please." Mei Li promptly replied.

Like a rabbit cornered by a wolf, the saleslady named Alice lead them to a rack with hanged scarfs in different types of length, designs, and sizes.

"This one and this one are good." Mei Li pointed out to Alice, hoping for her to take it out but unfortunately the saleslady was already away from them; out from earshot.

Mei Li sighs to herself as she called Alice to her side again and repeatedly pointed at the scarfs she had chosen for Mother Zhao.

Yang told the painter, who had turned to him for his opinion, "Why not pick two more since it's not as expensive as Yue's."

"Let's pick the other two on other stores…" Mei Li hoped that the next store's saleslady wouldn't be as nervous as this one.

She felt that if left alone, Yang would have already devoured the meek woman and would have been picking his tooth with her bones. Was it illogical for her to think that amidst his smiling face hid a dragon? No, she knew for a fact how scary Zhao males were. Zhao males were known to be sadistic and merciless especially with their peers. Father Zhao had been like a father to her, yet it did not blind her from reality and the fact that all of their family and staff always says that the current CEO was scarier than Father Zhao, made her want to avoid Yang more. With her previous behavior, It is a miracle she hasn't brutally murdered yet.

'…Must be because of Yue and Mother Zhao. He knows they'll be angry if Yang does anything to me.' Mei Li thought with glee, also thanking the two women in her thoughts.

"You think this saleslady is going to last long?" The abrupt question from Yang put her thoughts on hold.

Mei Li glanced at the cashier, Alice, the saleslady, had already begun scanning the barcodes of the scarf yet she did not ask for their mode of payment or at least stay for a while to ask if they need anything else.

"Let's go to the cashier, I think, she forgot to get how we are going to pay…" Mei Li tried to subtly maneuver the man still with a fake grin at everybody.

"I think she's going to buy it for us." The sarcasm in Yang's eyes was audible even through his grin. Mei Li sighed again. Why did he have to smile even when he was mad, it scares people more that way.

Upon arriving at the cashier, Yang tapped his card rudely on the counter to get the woman's attention while Mei Li said, "You forgot this."

The said salesperson jumped and realized her mistake, "I am sorry, Monsieur. I am still new and-"

"I don't need your excuses. Just hurry up…"