Slave Yang

November 28, 20XX (Wednesday)

Zhao Manor

The Zhao Family members gathered around the large table with thick comfortable clothes at the Manor's backyard that had been made with the family barbecue in mind.

The Zhao Patriarchs settled their wives comfortably before turning on the large heater that was prepared on the side.

Everyone was busy talking and Yue, in particular, had the largest smile on her face.

It was not easy for all the Zhao Family to gather without her meddling adoptive 'cousin' and it was rarest for them to stay at home to eat comfortably while talking about matters that they cannot speak out loud when in a restaurant in fear that it would be heard by wrong ears.

She glanced at Mei Li's way in gratefulness. Yue knew how hard it was to organize parties like this with her family;

she needed to shift their schedules, arrange it for them to have more time, send them invitations, select proper food for each of them since they have controlled diet, and at the same time working for her older brother.

Yue realized that one of the greatest gifts that God had given her was Wu Mei Li.

The Zhao Heiress watched as Mei Li busied herself on the grill just about four large strides from where they were seated.

Her best friend had not only gathered her family members and changed their schedule for two nights to accommodate Yue's birthday, but she had also prepared all the food that was going to be served with utmost detail using her knowledge gained as a nutritionist.

The fact that she will be cooking it for them made Yue more grateful.

Mother Zhao patted Yue's hands to gain her attention and said after she had turned her head to her,

"Should I ask Mother Bai to help her?" Mother Zhao gestured her head to Mei Li while her eyes remained settled with Yue's.

"No need," Yang stood up so abruptly that it caused everyone to stop what they were doing and stare at the youngest CEO.

Yang put his left hand to his mother's right shoulders and said,

"I'll help her." before hastily walking towards the outside grill where the beautiful woman was cooking alone food fit for nine people to eat.

All eyes followed Yang as their conversation stopped and their curiosity getting the bigger part of everyone.

Because they were not far from the grill, they could hear Mei Li and Yang's conversation without hindrance.

Unaware of his family's keen observations, Yang took one of the plates from Mei Li's hands, making sure that his warm ones would touch her cold ones.

He frowned when he felt how cold her hands had become before asking, "Can I help?"