Most Beautiful Woman

November 21, 20XX (Wednesday)

Zhao Manor & On The Road

Zhao Yang stood in front of the large double door of his childhood home, unsure whether he was ready to go inside and fetch her.

He had already made a strategy on dealing with Mei Li's stubbornness. Yang had also reserved a private room for the two of them on one of the most exclusive French restaurants.

He had even driven his Maybach to the front porch so she didn't have to walk too far in those heels that could stab eyes with sharpness, and then he had even fixed his hair using the side mirror of his sports car.

He felt so uncool when he realized how nervous he was behaving.

Exhaling the nerves loudly, he opened the doors bravely puffing his chest in arrogance to try to mask his anxiousness.

He had expected for Mei Li to greet him on the front door since it was already five minutes past five o'clock, but his mother and little sister had bombarded him.

Zhao Yang sharply whooped when his sister jumped into his arms with a smirk before sneering, "Who told you that you can take Mei Li on a date!? You need to ask me first!"

"Mei Li did," Zhao Yang deadpanned. It was apparent who his little sister loves more; it certainly was not him.

How unsupportive of his family!

Mother Zhao sighed before pulling Yue out of her older brother's arms and told with a reprimand,

"Don't think bad of your sister. She is just concerned about Mei Li. She had her heart broken recently. She doesn't need anymore hurt."

Zhao Yang blinked and complained, "Mom, do I look like I'm playing with her?"

"Nobody is thinking that…" Mother Zhao patted his arm in comfort, "Just return before 9 pm, okay?" At this Zhao Yue was nodding at the background causing Yang to feel irritation at her.

"You must remember to open the door for her, let her seat properly, be kind to her, don't let her eat anything with shrimps, crabs, and lob-" "lobster… I know, Mom. I've researched what she likes. We are just going to a French Restaurant." Zhao Yang interrupted his rambling mother.

Who was her child; Him or Mei Li?

He helplessly tried to calm his mother again as she started to ramble more information he already knows.

He glared at his sister who was snickering at the side after she had stuck her tongue out in his direction.

She must be the reason for making their mother this nervous for Mei Li's sake in his expense.

"Why are you so worried?" Yang caressed his mother's back, "Don't you want grandchildren? I'm working on it now, aren't you supposed to be happy?"