PT.2 His Anger

November 16-19, 20XX (Thursday-Monday)

Various Places

On the 16th day, The Chen Family had celebrated life and their success.

They paid the attorney a hefty amount when he had delivered a paper for them to pass to the city hall for approval with Mei Li's signature on the bottom right.

They had not expected her to agree fast. They had planned to fight for the condo out of her hands in the court.

That night they had invited the Lu Family with Lu Yi Jie as Chen Zhong's partner to eat at a high-end restaurant located at the famous Wei Mei Resorts and Hotel that Zhong works.

They rejoiced and tried to pair the blushing Lu Yi Jie to the bashful Chen Zhong.

Father Chen even order a glass of expensive wine for Father Lu to drink as a show of goodwill.

But on the 17th, everything they had worked hard to gain disappeared in a matter of hours.

The loan sharks that Father Chen had borrowed money from had forcefully collected the owed money causing them to sell their three-bedroom house and move into Mei Li's two-bedroom condo.

"This is because you didn't pay for those loans! If only you stopped volunteering on that group of yours and started working to earn money like our son!" Mother Chen blamed his father immediately at their misfortune.

"You should start working and buy your stuff then!" Father Chen huffed.

Chen Zhong watched helplessly on the background as his parents started shouting at each other's faces, blaming the other for things that are mostly both their fault.

Their son could only appease them by telling that he will work harder to provide for the two of them causing the angered parents to fawn at their son for being filial.

On the 18th, Sunday, Chen Zhong had met with Lu Yi Jie on a date at a private booth on a rooftop branch of Sheng Garden Restaurant.

Zhong had displayed his impeccable manner to Yi Jie; moving her chair for her to sit down, offering his arm for her support, cutting up the meat into smaller pieces for her, listening to all she was saying, and so much more.

It was with a large smile that Chen Zhong had taken Lu Yi Jie back to her home and the woman had kissed his cheeks goodbye.

Although Lu Yi Jie was not as beautiful as Mei Li, she was attractive in her own way and much more tactile.

When he came back home that day with a smile, he discovered that most of Mei Li's staff and furniture were moved out by CEO Zhao Yang's people, but he could care less.

He had the condo, that's the most important part. His mother had complained about Mei Li's miser attitude and had said things that were unpleasant, Chen Zhong couldn't help but agree.