CHAPTER I: that's an order

═════════════

◦♔ TW : mentions of drugs.

◦♔     just a small notice: i do not condone the behavior that i write in this book, and i just wanted to say that i am going off stereotypes. however, i feel like teenagers using drugs and partying often has been so normalized. like that shit happened a lot in the 70s i know, but probs not as much now. like kids are pressured into it nowadays or do it to look cool and just saying, it doesn't really benefit you. but who am i to judge? i wanted to point that out and say just stay safe and do your own thing. know that this is a fictional book, and the activities in it is something i don't recommend. // also, this book i know is a fantasy au but it kind of has the same vibes as the 70s which is why i bring up the whole normalization of 'minors doing adult stuff' thing. just wanted to point out that the time period is different in this story, and if you've read gardener and/or a second time, you can tell that when the characters are adults it's like they obviously don't do that stuff anymore, and the minors around them aren't like that either (with the exception of c!big q and las nevadas in a second time. however, they're adults so).

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

DIIIIIIING! crowds of mixed grades and personalities went on to pile the hallways on schedule in the high school. king quietly groaned out of tiredness, getting up from his seat with his backpack hung around his shoulder, walking out of the classroom by himself. thank god it's lunch time he thought to himself.

when he finally made it to his locker, he put his backpack away and stuffed some money in his sweatpants pocket before slamming his locker shut, the sound syncing up with the second bell while the hallways began to empty out. he took his merry time to get to the cafeteria, pulling the door open to get inside and instantly get hit with a contrasting atmosphere: a tad bit humid with food and much chatter arising from the many tables that accommodated hungry students.

king walked around towards the middle of the cafeteria, slowly scanning his eyes around in hopes of finding his friends. otherwise, his alternative plan was to get lunch and find milo so they could eat together on the rooftop. the two were accustomed to ditching class and everyone else in this goddamned school since freshmen year anyways.

before king could officially turn away to pay attention towards the lunch line that was forming at an alarming rate, he heard his name being yelled out. "AYO KING! OVER HERE AMIGO!" he turned around to see his best friend, quackity, waving his arms around like a lunatic while standing up from his seat at his lunch table.