CHAPTER XXXVIII: guess who's back

═════════════

◦♔ TW : mentions of drugs.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

KING'S HANDS TRAILED DOWN to the middle of his suit, adjusting it by pulling its hems towards the middle of his body to cover more of his button-up underneath. he strode with confidence, his tall stature, broad shoulders, and mask that concealed the upper-half of his face making him appear more intimidating, prompting heads to turn his way.

when he finally arrived at the edge of the recognizable stone walls, he craned his head up, admiring the towering height of the blocks that encompassed an entire civilization. "wow.. good job, soot." king muttered to himself in awe, eyes slightly glossy with a proud glint. he proceeded to step forward, making a beeline for the closed entrance gates. instantly, guards made themselves visible from the top of the walls and at the gate, raising their weapons right at king. he would usually put his hands up in surrender, but instead he resorted to putting his hands in his pockets, stopping in his steps and gazing at each guard with a smile on his face.

"hey! this is l'manberg right?" king asked, projecting his voice so that everyone could hear. suddenly, a man with dark ginger hair and dark eyes came into view from the top of the walls, staring straight down at king with a stoic expression. he put his hand out to signal to the guards to stay in place, weapons still raised. "what do you want?" he asked in a serious tone. "i'd like to visit the president. wilbur soot. he's a good friend of mine." king exclaimed, bowing his head down in curtesy, smile still plastered on his lips.

the ginger man furrowed his eyebrows, raising his crossbow at the man with a black mask down below. "could you put your hands up?" he commanded, prompting king to obey. "how do you know wilbur?" he asked, getting an interrogation ready. "have you seen the headlines in the newspapers? god l'manberg got big." king stifled, chuckling. "ay! what's the matter?" a familiar voice rang out, prompting the ginger man to turn around.

"wil, there's someone at the gates claiming they know you. they want to see you." fundy went on, watching as wilbur stood in fundy's original spot, leaning his arms down on the walls and peering over, squinting at the figure below. "hello good sir! state your business here." wilbur exclaimed. king's smile widened upon seeing the l'manbergian. "hey soot! it's nice to see you're still intact." king said matter-of-factly, gesturing his empty hands which were still in a signal of surrender.

wilbur's eyes widened upon hearing that voice. he hasn't heard it since high school. "king? no way.. is that really you?" wilbur asked with an evidently surprised tone, squinting at king's figure once more. king chuckled. "yeah. it sure is, soot." those words prompted wilbur to command his guards to stand down, coming down from the walls and onto the ground in order to open the gates. when king watched the guards put their weapons down, he slowly lowered his arms, nodding at them.